Imoen 4 Ever Bugthread

Glad this is solved!

As far as I know, SoD Banter mod is from AstroBryGuy and only for BG:SoD, not EET. For EET you'd need to use Roxanne's version, whatever it is called, that, last time I checked, did not transfer all NPCs' banters to dialogue style but only the continuous ones, and also added a tweak to the abduction scene  (🤷‍♀️).

If anyone reading this wants to use the SoD Banter mod, currently it is advised to download the master branch or the mod will not add a banter file for Imoen (last release uses wrong scriptname for Imoen in bdbanter.2da).

Having an issue with install when it comes to the Give Imoen Dialogue Content in Chapters 8-12 component

Spoiler

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'
Resource [BDVOGHIB.DLG] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/IMOEN_FOREVER/sod_rejoin/dialogues/sod_banter.d]: Failure("resource [BDVOGHIB.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
Stopping installation because of error.

Full error log attacked.  In the meantime I'm going to roll back a few other npc mods and see if this is just a load order issue on my end.

SETUP-IMOEN_FOREVER.DEBUG

@kijikun @AstroBryGuy's SoD Banter mod is scripted in such a stable, intelligent way that all you need to do it delete the following line from the setup-SoDDialogBanters.tp2 (using a simple editor or Notepad++, not MSOffice as it leaves symbols in the files):

REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT GAME_IS ~eet~ @6 /* This mod is not compatible with EET. */

It installed fine for me, used the existing EET bdbanter.2da, and since file names for SoD do not change in EET, this should work as intended. I only tested the install just now of course, but I'm pretty sure that's all there is to do.

AstroBryGuy took the idea from Roxanne's mod for EET and thought an EET version would not be needed, but he opened up to an EET compatibility of his mod after I mentioned that Roxanne's mod only considers the continuous NPCs which was the case when last I checked her mod (and, apparently, she also changes banter dlg names for some reason, which is bad for compatibility).

Having a similar error to the ones above regarding EET where it can't find Imoen's dialogue file, yet I haven't installed the SoD Banter Restoration. In fact it's a clean EET install.

Spoiler

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'
Resource [BDIMOENB.DLG] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/IMOEN_FOREVER/sod_rejoin/dialogues/sod_banter.d]: Failure("resource [BDIMOENB.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
Stopping installation because of error.

Debug File - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I6UYUqdfka5xFZWTKXTNffFsJ3QeVv8X/view?usp=drive_link

I want to say first that I really love this mod. Not including Imoen as a party member for SoD was such a missed opportunity, and this mod is a must-have for me now.

Spotted some typos - fixed versions below (from sod_important_reactions.tra)

@32   = ~[Imoen]Right, the crusaders are preparing and ready to descend into Avernus. They would all move to Dragonspear Castle if it was open.~

@34   = ~[Imoen]But wouldn't the crusaders act differently if it were? All move to the Castle et cetera. They would need all their manpower - to descend as well as protect the portal from incoming fiends, no?~

@48   = ~[Imoen]It stresses me when they talk about you behind your back! If it's things that are not true. I mean - I don't mind praise - especially if they include tales about courageous and intelligent Imoen, always on your side!...~

@50   = ~[Imoen]People are so full of presumptions... and they forget so easily. Hellooo - Hero of Baldur's Gate here, anyone remember?~

@57   = ~[PC Reply]No one deserves such a fate, I agree with you.~

@65   = ~[Imoen]So, if Caelar needs divine blood but is no Bhaalchild herself - and has a dormant portal to Avernus that could be opened with it - and wants to enter Avernus with her crusade...~

@69   = ~[Imoen]So, Caelar is trying to get your blood - and has a dormant portal to Avernus that can be opened with it - and wants to enter Avernus with her crusade...~

@81   = ~[Imoen]Nah, I was jesting, of course. But not about this - I let no one hurt my <CHARNAME>. No matter what for. Do you hear? NO ONE! And I'll start right with Caelar - bah, all her talking about doing the right thing and being a hero - and all she wanted was to lure you into a trap.~

@84   = ~[Imoen]What happened on that bridge - it was like you were marked. Or stamped! You remember the stamps they had in the scribes' office, where they marked the incoming letters? On the bridge, it looked like the gods punched you with a big, huuuuuge, godly stamp with the skull symbol of Bhaal! POMP!~

@86   = ~[PC Reply]I really needed you to recall the incident with your overboard fantasy, thanks, Imoen.~

@90   = ~[Imoen]It scared me. I don't scare that easily usually, or do I? It was like you were being *claimed*... I didn't like that. I didn't like that at all! No one stamps their claim on my friend, no sir! They'll have to go through *me* first, you hear that, you pantheon?~

@97   = ~[Imoen]Oh well... I guess it's out in the open now - your Bhaal heritage. You can't hide *this* as easily as gaining abilities in your dreams!~

Edited by moggadeet