Bug Thread

Kitanna

If anyone finds any bugs and or problems, please post them here. There is a hurricane headed right for me, unless the path changes, and I probably won't have any power for a bit. Last time was 10 days, the time before that, 3 weeks. In the even it happens, I will take care of anything that comes up, just please know that it may take awhile.

Dorian decided not to destroy Florida after all 😛 So, no worries, we;re safe and I'll be around.

Edited by Kitanna

Thank you for Calin!
I decided to replay BG2EE, and he's been on my party since the beginning, but now, I don't know why, he just left without saying why.
We just rescued the Waukeen priest in Amkethran (TOB), gave him some money to buy food for the poor, Calin said something like "that was noble", then said something about a ring (his?), and left... Can't find him in his home either, plus if I go there then I can't exit the house lol
Could this have anything to do with another mod I'm using? I also have the "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" mod, and my main character is currently in a romance with Kivan.
Any help would be really appreciated :)

This sounds very much like a scripting error with regard to the interjection dialogue: Calin probably executed the commands meant for the character you were talking with. Let me guess: the priest is still around after Calin disappeard?..

For you: reload an earlier save and kick out Calin when talking to the priest, then let him rejoin. I am sure he is not meant to leave at that point.

Or - in case friendship/romance is killed upon kick-out - make him somehow untalkable. Kill him for that moment and then bring him back (even with console) or try to keep him away from the priest, silence him... depends on what states are being checked for that talk. Maybe @jastey saw the conditions when she checked the file.

Ah, ok. I can see most interjections use InParty("KKCalin") InMyArea("KKCalin") !StateCheck("KKCalin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) so while @jastey is right about kicking him out for a moment, if you romance him it may be a good idea to handle it differently. You may try putting him into a state in which he won't be able to talk OR you may for example use console to teleport him to a different area for that one talk and then move him back.

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner.  I will look into it tomorrow and see about fixing it. Thank you Jastey for trying trying to help :)  I'm very tired, the move was draining but I promise I will see about fixing it asap.

I_C_T AMCLER01 8 KKcleric
== KKCAL25J IF ~InParty("KKCalin") InMyArea("KKCalin") !StateCheck("KKCalin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~You did a wonderful thing, I only hope it helps ease this poverty.~
END

I assume this is the ICT but, I don't see anything here that would cause him to leave or a mention of his ring. Thoughts?

@Kitanna I didn't check but my guess is that the actions of the character (AMCLER01.dlg state 8 ) include actions e.g. EscapeArea() which are meant for the character. But because of the I_C_T they are transferred to Calin.

Solution is a so called passback line which lets the original character have the last word. Then the actions will be executed by this character as intended:

I_C_T AMCLER01 8 KKcleric
== KKCAL25J IF ~InParty("KKCalin") InMyArea("KKCalin") !StateCheck("KKCalin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~You did a wonderful thing, I only hope it helps ease this poverty.~
== AMCLER01 IF ~InParty("KKCalin") InMyArea("KKCalin") !StateCheck("KKCalin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~Thank you.~
END 

Is the second set of InParty/MyArea/StateCheck conditions necessary? I assume the second line is reached only if the first line's condition is true, based on how dialogue pathing works. 

Also another suggestion I would add is using an ICT where there is not an escape area if it is not strictly necessary. Sometimes its the only line or it doesn't fit anywhere else,  but if it can be moved somewhere where a passback line is not needed, you can achieve what you want with the least amount of additional strings, and I am all for a minimalist approach where possible.

Edited by Skitia
Guest Respite

Hello! Really excited to be playing with Calin for the first time. Unfortunately, he is already stuttering, and I'm not sure how to figure out why? I suspect it has something to do with his reactions to Romantic Encounters. He joined the party fine, we cleared the Circus Tent, visited the Adventurer's Mart where I did Ribald's encounter, and he started stuttering immediately afterward. Playing the most recent version of EE, with the most recent version of the mod. :) I reloaded, skipped the encounter, and he was fine, but thought I'd let you know anyway in case you decide to put out an update. Cheers!