Ton of bugs, I probably did something wrong.

Guest eternaladventurer

Guest eternaladventurer

I'm using BG1 EE GoG edition.

Just wanted to ask the community if anyone had a similar experience, and what I'm doing wrong. I installed many of the tweak packs for Sword Coast Stratagems and many of the tweaks from the fixpack and have had a large number of bugs.

-Quicksaving and autosaving don't work, and recent saves don't default to the top. I saved over my girlfriend's game with mine :( This probably comes from the modified saves tweak, which was supposed to name saves with character names.

-All the new spells (from IWD), items, and monsters (from stuff like kobolds in the Improved Nashkell mines) are named Invalid or not named at all, and offer no descriptions.

-new dialogues show as Invalid, though they function. This includes the dialogues for sending NPCs to inns and the one for skipping the intro at Candlekeep.

-Some tweaks didn't work, like allowing more dots in proficiencies for non-single-class fighters.

I'm still early in BG1, there could be more.

I can't find anything about this happening to other people, so I assume I did something wrong. Anyone have a similar experience or know how I could fix this? Thanks.

Did all of the things work in your unmodded game? Did you start a new game after installing mods?

All texts showing as invalid probably means you installed to a different game language than the one you are playing in. Which language does the weidu.conf file in your game directory say? To change it, you need to deinstall the mods, delete the weidu.conf in your game directory, and reinstall the mods again. The game language the mods will be installed to will be asked with the first mod you are . Please note: English is not number "0" here.

If you still encounter the problems, please post the content of your weidu.log, and also the DEBUG files of the mods with errors or warnings (please in spoiler taggs).

Guest eternaladventurer

Thanks for the reply. They all worked before. I will try and deinstall the mods and delete weidu and reinstall again. However, it's not really that disruptive except for not knowing what the spells are. Thank you for such a great mod.

3 hours ago, Guest eternaladventurer said:

Thanks for the reply. They all worked before. I will try and deinstall the mods and delete weidu and reinstall again.

This is really not worth the effort... As you are better off by uninstalling the game, and then deleting the game folder and then reinstalling it again... and then Starting a new game .. and only then reinstalling the mods. And when you do the first mod, you MAKE sure to choose the language correctly.