Can't Install Ajantis BG1 Expansion

Guest Arien

So I have the BG1NPC Project and a couple of other mods installed, but when I try to install the BG1 Expansion for Ajantis it won't let me. When I try to run the setup file I get an error saying that it's unable to open log file SETUP-AJANTISBG1.DEBUG. I have both the folder and setup file located in my BaldursGateTutu directory, like my other mods, but I just can't get it to work. 

This sounds like a permission issue on your computer. Which is weird if you already installed other mods. The only thing I could think of is deleting the DEBUG and redownload the mod anew.

In case you are modding inside the C:\Programs folder on Windows, I'd also recommend copying the whole game folder somewhere else so Windows stops protecting it, which can cause weird things to happen. If you are playing Tutu, you need to adjust the game paths inside the baldur.ini if you do that to play the copied game.

I didn't have a DEBUG to delete and downloaded the mod again, but still had the same problem and again had no DEBUG file. I guess I'll try moving the game folder somewhere else and try that. It's strange, but I can install some mods (on both BG1 & BGII) just fine and have problems with others. For example, on BGII I can install the Tsujatha mod but not the Xan one. I think it has something to do with my computer because I had no problem installing any mods before I had to update my OS from Vista to Windows 7; or I'm doing something wrong during the installation since I haven't installed any mods for a few years. So I guess I'll try messing around with it this weekend or download BG:EE.

Well, the report saying that the debug is missing is not a big deal, what is, is the general problem with Windows 7 specifically... which is likely that you can't overwrite the existing files as you don't have the permission to do so.

To fix that, you just need to install all your old games you intent to modify, into here:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Games\GameName -folder. If you use the C drive. This will give "you" permission to modify the files... technically you could assign a folder under to your control and so forth, but even I don't know how that works, so this is your best and easiest solution. It has to do with the Operation System protecting "you", aka actually the Operation System itself from being modified.

5 hours ago, Guest Arien said:

I had to update my OS from Vista to Windows 7

I know this is an unrelated problem but I wouldn't update to Windows 7 because it's no longer supported by Microsoft.

Good luck with copying the game folder elsewhere. I have no idea why some mods install and some don't.

Got the following error installing VERSION ~16~

ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [AjantisBG2\tob\dialogue\tob_ajantis_ee_banter.D]: Failure("resource [BWILSO25.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")

I looked.  That file (BWILSO25.DLG) isn't in my BG2 game.  It managed somehow to make it over to my previous EET setup.  Not sure from where.  I'll just copy it from there, but thought you should know...

EDIT: Got the same error for BWILSON.dlg

Edited by Lauriel