Party Gold Amount

Lauriel

Is there a way to determine how much gold the party has?  I know how to tell if they have more or less than a certain amount, but I need to determine a 'share'. So I need to know total amount of party gold, the number of party members, then be able to divide gold amount by the number of party members.  I'm hoping this isn't hard to do in a script, though...I've never seen a divide script function.

Am I outta luck?

I might be able to hook up a recursive call to a script to get an approximation on the gold amount and the number of party members (though recursive for this is a bit of an overkill)  The divide...  I got nothing.

Is there an easier way to do this? Is there A way to do this?

The better way to do this would be to add up all the time in the group for each member and divide the party gold by that then multiply by the time that NPC has been in the group.  I like that much better.

Am I just howling at the moon?

Edited by Lauriel

Yes, there are triggers for GT and LT gold amount, so like I said, I can set up a recursive thingie to get it to estimate.  I can figure out a share based on number in the party, I think, but of course this is no longer what I want to do.  Why I can't leave well enough alone, I don't know, but now I want to split it based upon the time they've been in the party.  I can't seem to lay my hands on that stat, though.  I can see it in EEKeeper, but it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere in IESDP - that I can find.

Edited by Lauriel
Fixed typos

I don't think it's usable, at least from a very quick perusal. 

Anyway from a player's perspective I'm not sure I would like that, because it might not be obvious how long someone's been in the party and thus how much gold they would take with them.  A quick-and-easy rule like "whenever you dismiss a companion they will take an amount of gold roughly close to 1/6th of your current gold" is easy to remember, and pretty easy to do rough calculations in the moment.

Edited by subtledoctor