Party AI on/off: Detection in game?

Is there a way to detect whether the party AI is toggled off (or on)?

My problem is that I assign a script as CLASS script to my NPC when in 7th party member mode (FAMILIAR) which gets executed also if AI is off, which is bad.

Alternatively: Is there a script slot for a FAMILIAR party member that is also affected by the AI button?

I'm afraid it's impossible in classic games. The only place the engine exposes such information is to the UI in v2.0+ Enhanced Edition games, (to render the button on the worldscreen in the correct state). It would be possible to rig UI.MENU to toggle a GLOBAL according to the current state of the party AI, but that's about it.

34 minutes ago, Bubb said:

It would be possible to rig UI.MENU to toggle a GLOBAL according to the current state of the party AI, but that's about it.

Meaning I would need to mod the UI so it gives the GLOBAL?

Thank you very much for the info!

1 hour ago, Bubb said:

I'm afraid it's impossible in classic games. The only place the engine exposes such information is to the UI in v2.0+ Enhanced Edition games, (to render the button on the worldscreen in the correct state). It would be possible to rig UI.MENU to toggle a GLOBAL according to the current state of the party AI, but that's about it.

Well, PSTEE provides a PartyScriptsActive() trigger, which does exactly what the name suggests. Unfortuntately it hasn't been implemented in the other EE games. This feature would have been useful in some of my mods as well.

42 minutes ago, jastey said:

Meaning I would need to mod the UI so it gives the GLOBAL?

Correct - you can do something like this:

Append to the very top of UI.MENU =>

Spoiler

`
B3OldPartyAI = nil

function B3CheckPartyAITick()
    if aiButtonToggle ~= B3OldPartyAI then
        B3OldPartyAI = aiButtonToggle
        C:SetGlobal("B3PartyAI", "GLOBAL", aiButtonToggle)
    end
    return false
end
`

menu
{
    name "B3CheckPartyAI"
    label
    {
        enabled "B3CheckPartyAITick()"
    }
}

Use WeiDU to replace this part of UI.MENU:

Spoiler

Infinity_PushMenu('WORLD_MESSAGES')
if(groundItemsButtonToggle == 1) then

with =>

Spoiler

if not Infinity_IsMenuOnStack('B3CheckPartyAI') then
    Infinity_PushMenu('B3CheckPartyAI')
end
Infinity_PushMenu('WORLD_MESSAGES')
if(groundItemsButtonToggle == 1) then

This patch works for the vanilla UI, (it might break if a UI mod alters the wrong part of WORLD_ACTIONBAR). You can then, in scripts, check if Party AI is enabled with:

Global("B3PartyAI","GLOBAL",1)

Zero being disabled, of course.

12 minutes ago, argent77 said:

Well, PSTEE provides a PartyScriptsActive() trigger, which does exactly what the name suggests. Unfortuntately it hasn't been implemented in the other EE games. This feature would have been useful in some of my mods as well.

I always forget that PST:EE had some unique features; I agree, would be nice if some of those were merged into the normal EE branch.