Problem: My transactions are not executed from bottom to top

Does anyone see anything glaringly obvious why in this dialogue state the cutscene does not get triggered but instead the dialogue jumps directly to state 18? This is SoD.

This is the current dlg, the cutscene is compiled, there is no other dlg state with the same text, the character doesn't have a script that makes him start dialogue etcpp. And yet, when I play it in game it jumps directly to state 18 instead of executing the cutscene. I am sure it's something really daft but I'm not there yet. Any input welcome.

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 23 // from: 17.1
  SAY #71405 /* ~With the title come official quarters for you on the third level of the Ducal Palace! The servants will help you settle in as soon as you are ready. Everyone, praise our Hero of Baldur's Gate!~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("C#st_HeroOfBG","GLOBAL",1)
~ GOTO 18
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("C#st_HeroOfBG","GLOBAL",1)
ClearAllActions()
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutSceneEx("c#stcut2",FALSE)
~ EXIT
END

I helped myself with adding a

ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER BELT %belt_victory_42% ~False()~ DO 0

Which does the trick.

Still, if there is a rule behind why in this case the "executed from bottom to top" didn't work I'd be interested to hear it.

6 hours ago, jastey said:

This is the current dlg, the cutscene is compiled, there is no other dlg state with the same text, the character doesn't have a script that makes him start dialogue etcpp. And yet, when I play it in game it jumps directly to state 18 instead of executing the cutscene. I am sure it's something really daft but I'm not there yet. Any input welcome.

Well, this covers about everything I would have suggested, so I'm as lost as you are.

Thanks! It was after I spent one hour figuring out why the tra-compilation gave random texts in game (turned out refreshing the install via the client fixed this), then I encountered this problem. It feels like "random failure of IE-engine laws" today. :)

At least, when I playtested the - failing - cutscene, this is what the text scrumble due to old savegame in a new install gave me:

enough.jpg.1db4e3b59dd54b41816cb62e8a532807.jpg

Hilarious.