Who is using which mod?

Guest Ront

15 minutes ago, Guest Ront said:

I would have bet you were using bartimaeus version

There’s a lot about it I like, but there’s a little bit I don’t like. But I can’t stress enough how much I appreciate the deliberative process that went into decisions as IR and SR evolved - the pinned threads here make really good reading. I like the result and I want Demi & Kreso’s version to remain relevant and enjoyable. To the extent I want to make changes from their vision - and I do - I started my own mod for that. Bartimaeus has plenty of good ideas though; each of us has inspired the other to add various things to our respective mods. 

EDIT - regarding description text: it seems to me that both IR and EEs misuse the term “thac0.” (Or, “THAC0” if you prefer.) A bonus to hit is not a “thac0 bonus” - it’s a to-hit bonus. It’s been a long time since I looked at the original books, and I don’t have any nearby... anyone know if the 90s 2E source material used it that way? Or is that kind of item description an invention of Bioware in BG?

Edited by subtledoctor

I will think about trying both version.

Do you move items too?

Personally the nerf to human skin and the absent buff to the wave (the weapon given to you by the demon lord if you give him adalon egg) make me hesitant.

Blaackrazor is bad too. I ll think about it.

47 minutes ago, Guest Ront said:

I will think about trying both version.

Do you move items too?

Personally the nerf to human skin and the absent buff to the wave (the weapon given to you by the demon lord if you give him adalon egg) make me hesitant.

Blaackrazor is bad too. I ll think about it.

I moved Blackrazor up to +4 by popular request, but I certainly don't restore the insanity of the original four level drains. Similarly, Blackmist gets a small buff in the form of a "Weakening" ability that deceases THAC0 and damage upon every hit and the Blackmist ability has a harsher saving throw. Never had a strong feel for Human Flesh, so I left it alone (though I personally would prefer it to have stayed at +5, especially given that its saving throws bonus was nerfed and all other dragon armors are +5, including the Shadow Dragonhide which you can get quite early and has +3 AC over Human Flesh currently).

Item moves? Miscellaneous, or the big overpowered ones that people usually take issue with (which can be disabled in the settings.ini)? There are a number of miscellaneous item moves/additions, but nothing as big as Robe of Larloch and such.