v1.3 update news

I've been hammering away at the next update, and what I had initially planned to be a minor update is ending up being *much* bigger. So, yes, it will take more time, but I think the end result will be worth it.

I've done a much deeper dive into the new things that SoD brought into the game, and as many times as I've played through the campaign, I'm discovering things in the game files that I never actually found in-game.

So, for a high level preview of things to come (all subject to change):

1. More spells - Both new and brought in from SoD.
2. Enhanced audiovisual effects for the new spells in previous releases.
3. More items imported from SoD.
4. A focus on more unique effects and re-play value.
5. New icons.

Guest Thehappyfish

Hello? I'm interested in this mod, but I've never used mods for BG before. First, could I get a list of all SOD items this imports into BG2 and their locations please? Also, once the items are introduced into the game does that mean I can summon them with console commands using their item codes from SOD? Thank you for your attention.

Guest tedmann12

Would love if you included the Robe of Arcane Aptitude in this. Prob my favorite SoD item so far. Playing as a mage/cleric, so having access to spell sequencer at my level has been awesome!

Progress on the 1.3 update continues, and it's going to be a big one.   Certainly more ambitious than the update I set out to do, as once I got to work, the creative juices got flowing again.

In addition to my previous list for this update, I have decided to add in several of the unique items from IWD for more variety and to shore up areas that lack in options.  And, to what I am sure will be many folk's liking, I am putting a *much* bigger focus on EE trilogy, both in terms of compatibility, and even item placement.  I will be peppering several of the aforementioned IWD items into the BG1/SoD portion of EE trilogy.

If time allows, I will add in the BG1/SoD content of the mod into a separate component that can be installed into a standalone BG1 w/SoD game as well.

Currently, I am working on finishing up item placement, then I will be moving onto upgraded item changes, new recipes, a few new spells, recipe changes, and new icons.   Once all that's done, I will do some compatibility testing and finally onto release.  It's been a long road, but I think the end result will be well worth it.

Guest Roderigo

I hope there isn’t an overemphasis on EET comparability here, as I actually think part of the beauty of this mod was that I could play without being forced to use EET... :(

1 hour ago, Guest Roderigo said:

I hope there isn’t an overemphasis on EET comparability here, as I actually think part of the beauty of this mod was that I could play without being forced to use EET... :(

And the other part of this beauty would be of I could have seamless experience playing this mod in EET setup (i.e native EET compatibility). Each of us would love to take a piece of this cake 😉

Guest Roderigo

EET compatability is fine, it’s just frustrating if you miss half the mod by not having it, because some events occur in separate parts of the game, namely without having also having the option for a separate mod for components taking place in bg1 and bg2 also

On 10/20/2020 at 5:02 AM, Guest Roderigo said:

There isn't an "overemphasis" on EET compatibility in the next update, and it will never be so.  This mod will always be focused on the BG2 portion of the game moreso than anything else.

What I am doing though, is for EET fans, I am expanding the mod to add more content into EET that is carried over from BG to BG2 for a consistent and fun experience.  You will not miss anything by not playing EET.   Once you all see what I am doing with the update, it will make sense :)

On 10/20/2020 at 9:59 PM, Guest Roderigo said:

EET compatability is fine, it’s just frustrating if you miss half the mod by not having it, because some events occur in separate parts of the game, namely without having also having the option for a separate mod for components taking place in bg1 and bg2 also

The EET stuff I am doing is nothing like this.  You won't miss anything by not using this mod with EET, nothing meaningful anyway.  The EET stuff I am doing has more to do with fleshing out itemization to provide a different, more fun experience.

Heya folks, I just wanted to post an update that I am still working on the next version at a steady pace. I plan for 1.3 to be my piece' de la resistance for this mod.

I know there are plenty of you just itching to play the new version, and while I do wish I could hurry it along and just get it out for you all, perfection takes time, so please be patient. I know it's been a long time coming. When I first set out, I just wanted to do an item mod, but starting with 1.3, I want this to be "THE" item mod for BG2/EET. Whether or not I accomplish that remains to be seen... but dammit I'm gonna try!

I know many of you don't want to hear this.... but my goal is to release 1.3 in time for xmas. Yes, I know... it's a pain to wait! But in the same breath I want to give an awesome gift to the BG community. Stay tuned!

FYI... 1.3 is a BIIIIIIIIIIG update.  bigger than the original mod by far.

Just tried using your mod in my last run through and it felt great! Much more options for forgotten or neglected gear types and more variety of choices. A little power creep I guess is the only drawback, which I don't mind :)

Thanks for the great work and look forward to next update

Quick question.

I thought I installed your latest version of game (1.2), but Weidu log tells me I have 1.01 version. Am I mistaken?

My game allows me to use black scale to blackdragon plate/scale armor or shield, which I thought was a not a feature that existed in 1.01. Wondering if the log displays it correctly.