Reinstall EET_end after installing another mod?

Just curious, why wouldn't it be okay to simply reinstall EET_end *after* installing a new mod rather than uninstalling EET_end, installing the new mod, and then reinstalling EET_end?

I say this because I'm worried that uninstalling EET_end would do more harm than good, especially since I'm using other mods that depend on dialog.tlk.

Because weidu will remember the order and do the following: deinstall the mod you installed after EET_end, reinstall EET_end, and reinstall the mod. It does that on purpose so your mod order doesn't get borked. That's what always happens if you reinstall a mod from your installed mods.

40 minutes ago, taurus1942 said:

I'm worried that uninstalling EET_end would do more harm than good, especially since I'm using other mods that depend on dialog.tlk.

There is no reason to. EET_end makes sure all game and mod added texts are considered in the appropriate dialogues, and it does that anew every time you (re)install it.

1 hour ago, taurus1942 said:

I say this because I'm worried that uninstalling EET_end would do more harm than good, especially since I'm using other mods that depend on dialog.tlk.

1 hour ago, jastey said:

There is no reason to.

Well, there is... but the worries are easily overcome, by simply starting a new game without loading a save game, but by starting a completely new campaign, while throwing the old saves to the bin.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Deeply appreciate the feedback.

I am indeed worried because this caused massive issues for me when I was setting up my EET mod order on a clean install. The weidu install/uninstall process would get frozen, crash, or otherwise fail to work, and when reinstalling mods that had been automatically uninstalled (thus keeping mod order), components of these mods suddenly just vanished into thin air. SCS is one example. It took me three days to get everything to work right. Every time I would uninstall EET end to add a mod, reinstall EET_end, and these issues occurred...and it was often as if I'd never installed half of my mods to begin with. I don't think it was the number of mods (I only used 29 individual mods).

Edited by taurus1942

Reinstall EET? If you need to reinstall EET then I'd recommen starting with a new fresh game.

Personally I prefer to deinstall mods according to reverse order, make the changes, and install them anew, and not using the automated reinstall feature.

If you have a game where you already installed SCS after EET_end (I understood there are components that require this), then adding mods is a PITA due to SCS's size and complexity.

If it's only a matter of deinstalling EET_end because it's the last in the mod order, then adding mods is not so complicated.

*reinstall EET_end!

Sorry, typo. 🥴

Uninstalling EET_end, installing a mod, then reinstalling EET_end simply broke my mod installation multiple times. I spent dozens of hours going through this over a three-day period. I guess it is what it is...

One concrete example:
Doing so caused SCS to essentially forget that the AI and gameplay tweak components had been installed; these were not only completely gone from the game, but weidu showed that only the Icewind Dale spells component had been installed...it was as if none of the AI or other tweaks had been installed at all. I went through the process repeatedly with a clean install every time to ensure that there wasn't some oversight or simple mistake. This was also the case with numerous "tweak" mods that I installed towards the end of my mod order.

I can definitely attest to the PITA aspect of installing/reinstalling SCS...this was the major culprit in the time it took to go through this process.

"deinstall mods according to reverse order, make the changes, and install them anew, and not using the automated reinstall feature."

This seems like a solid way to do it, good advice!

Edited by taurus1942
13 hours ago, taurus1942 said:

reinstall EET_end!

Sorry, typo. 🥴

Uninstalling EET_end, installing a mod, then reinstalling EET_end simply broke my mod installation multiple times. I spent dozens of hours going through this over a three-day period. I guess it is what it is...

You sure the weidu process did freeze, and not just "took a long time to finnish" without output as it's not really typed to do that.

On 10/8/2020 at 8:42 AM, Jarno Mikkola said:

You sure the weidu process did freeze, and not just "took a long time to finnish" without output as it's not really typed to do that.

I am 100% sure. There were times when I would leave it alone for an entire day (sometimes over 12 hours) and see that it never advanced and could not be manipulated in any way other than to close the window.

I know with certainty that this was not intended functionality or that it was taking long time, because when I would close the window (eg after 12 hours with nothing happening) and then restart weidu via the same exe, it would then instantly work fine and completely as intended.

Edited by taurus1942