Simple mod request

Well, the simple answer is that the ease depends... do you wish the mod to be, which kind ?

1. Compatible with which games ?

2. Give just item usability, or allow also to put proficiency points to the weapons and thus removing the mage default 5 Thac0 point penalty of non proficient weapon usage to classes and kits ?

3. Also; edit the weapon descriptions ?

4. Package it as an attachment, or open post describing mod terms and how to actually make the mod by hand ?

Sorry I wasn't specific enough

1. BG:EE, SOD, and BG2:EE

2. Usability and to be able to put in one proficiency point like the other weapons mages can use.

3. Only part I can think of that would need editing would be removing mages from the list of classes that cant use the weapon at the bottom.

4. I'm not actually sure, I assumed it would just be a WeiDU executable like most other mods.

I've never done modding before so I'm not sure how "simple" it would really be I guess, I'm honestly surprised there isn't a mod like this already since wizards and sorcerers can use crossbows in 5E and Pathfinder.

10 minutes ago, Naeyem said:

I'm honestly surprised there isn't a mod like this already since wizards and sorcerers can use crossbows in 5E and Pathfinder.

Well, in the 5th Ed, you have to be a human to get extra feats and you are loosing your class based ones if you so choose, and you get cantrips that can do the same stuff, just better.

The reason I asked was that I was about to write an answer to 1-4, but the post was taking hours go over...

1. So that's just EE games.

2-4. The prof points are far harder than just simple usable weapons, the description then is F'ed work and the describing on how the thing works is ... really for a code mage work. Good thing there's the cdtweaks that allows universal clubs, but still the code edition is a bit overcombersome. I don't have the time to go over it today, someone could do this faster than I can... but maybe in a weeks time.

Ouh yeah, even though the mod claims to be universal crossbow, it doesn't actually make it to the whole universe, it covers mages, druids, priests and monks and their vanilla classes, kits, duals and multi-classes mostly with two exceptions: see the original game had also the thieves and thief/mages able to use light crossbows, but not heavy and this mod doesn't move that marker to anywhere for them, so mages are able to use heavy crossbows but thieves and thief/mages won't. He hehhehe. I now realized that this might be a better setting, for universal, but that's a request I could fill, yes, but didn't ...

But I can't do the descriptions, it's way out of my league. And it requires the use of the .tra files for English only mod etc and require tripple the amount of code the mod currently uses. At least. It's a whole hassle I am not willing to take on for a small mod like this.

See, there's a multiple levels of modders, and I am one that can adapt existing code to nearly anything you can thing on in a small range, but that can only carry so far, there are other more artist kinds that can add beautiful media and use that to do things, and others that are better than code peasants like me, probably because they work with code in their day jobs.