Detecting GemRB

Grammarsalad

I feel like this is a dumb question, but how do I detect GemRB in weidu?  It doesn't seem to add anything to the override folder, and I'm not a good enough coder to write a way to detect gemrb.exe or something similar on the players computer (it could run from any particular location, no?)  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I'm at a loss

We don't have a specific game type, since we emulate others. However, with the latest GemRB and Weidu, there is one file that both agree on. It will be generated on our first run and it's gemrb_path.txt. It's at the same level as dialog.tlk / keymap.ini.

What would you like to do that this would be useful?

13 hours ago, lynx said:

We don't have a specific game type, since we emulate others. However, with the latest GemRB and Weidu, there is one file that both agree on. It will be generated on our first run and it's gemrb_path.txt. It's at the same level as dialog.tlk / keymap.ini.

What would you like to do that this would be useful?

Oh, I think that'll work. As long as gemrb_path.txt can be detected by FILE_EXISTS, I should be set.