How to get BAM files to show dark colors in-game?

1 hour ago, gamemaster76 said:

Heres a link to a drive with them, they surpass the limit im allowed to put
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EXe5tEuLNxdXhPIJPH3Ee66IKdlQHM7u?usp=sharing

Your BAM has an appropriate transparent color, and the palette doesn't have any transparency.  The shadow color isn't black, but that should be OK considering what type of animation it is.  When playing it in-game via the CLUAConsole via

C:CreateVEFVidCell("ACIDBRTH")

it looks like this:

Baldr024.thumb.png.54b58818b0b8b4fbf61ba137cf9e2fef.png

If that's what you're seeing, then it eliminates options 1 and 2.

8 hours ago, Sam. said:

Your BAM has an appropriate transparent color, and the palette doesn't have any transparency.  The shadow color isn't black, but that should be OK considering what type of animation it is.  When playing it in-game via the CLUAConsole via

it looks like this:

Baldr024.thumb.png.54b58818b0b8b4fbf61ba137cf9e2fef.png

If that's what you're seeing, then it eliminates options 1 and 2.

thats what I want it to look like when I use the breath weapon.

I added a picture to the drive showing what im getting. Its a shitty phone pic because apparently every program and function on my computer, even Steam themselves, refuse to take a screenshot of baldurs gate 😂

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EXe5tEuLNxdXhPIJPH3Ee66IKdlQHM7u?usp=sharing

Well all these others know a lot more than I about programming side of modding but if my way can be useful try this:

Use an image from the bam in a better 2d program ph, psp, the gimp.

Copy one pixel- one that you want changed,  clone it to a dark place on the image so you can find it later. then note the rbg

Use any of the programs image settings to change the overall image to something you are striving for.

Then note the rbg change in your one pixel (before and after) and use the difference in dltcep's pallet. then click modify rbg

or use the exact numbers for RBG of your new pixel, you'll have to play around with it a bit.