An interesting GIF artist

I draw on all sorts of sources for special effects. I can make some from scratch, but really spectacular and complicated ones have to be found somewhere - and edited and redrawn afterwards, usually. Animated GIFs are one of the sources. Ones that are inspire and inspiring are rare, though. Yesterday I came across a GIF maker, Erica Anderson, on Giphy.com, and I want to recommend her to everyone who thinks of making spells, attacks or item power extravaganza. The GIFs on that website are free and, I assume, Anderson is okay with that, but you can follow her profile to a Patreon page if you like her work. Here is the link: https://giphy.com/ericaofanderson And here are a few GIFs in a long list that caught my eye. This being an Infinity Engine modding website, you need to see these with a BAM maker's eye. Square elements probably need to have an overlay mask imposed on them to remove corners. Circles can be reshaped in Near Infinity's BAM editor into 3/4 ellipses and go under character's feet or into Spread animation of area of effect projectiles. Vertical streams can be cut or dimmed on the edges to look seamless and used to represent eruptions or rising rays, or even, if you don't mind the work, shrunk and rotated in increments to create new rays in the manner of Agannazar's Scorcher. All of these can and should be recolored too, of course, to suit your vision.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

P. S. From my own files.

618076931_.jpg.83d140978839848a477b1b66c0b70e27.jpg

Edited by temnix