Baldur's Gate Trilogy crashes with generalized biffing installed

Yesterday I finished installing BGT but the game crashes at the beginning of BG1 after character creation without an error message.

I uninstalled generalized biffing and the game proceeds normally but with extremely long loading times. It took approximately 20 minutes to launch BGT.

Setup generalized biffing debug:  SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Generalized Biffing -> Biff all files (recommended by the Big World Dudes)

Can someone help me with this?

Edit: BG2 crashes too but weirdly enough I can play TOB

1 hour ago, Guest jasteyguest said:

Generalized Biffing needs to be installed with WeiDu v246.

Ok, I  removed WeiDu v247 and installed WeiDu v246 but when I install Generalized Biffing it uses Weidu v247: [D:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\setup-generalized_biffing.exe] WeiDU version 24700.

What am I doing wrong?

@Moortje removing all weidu v247 from the game folder is indeed the way to go. This includes all setup-modname.exes as well as a plain weidu.exe in case it's present. Download weidu v246 and rename the weidu.exe* to the setup.exe of generalized biffing (I don't know the exact name currently). It then should install generalized biffing with the v246 version and the crashes should not occur in your game, hopefully.

*Alternatively you can take any v246 setup-modname.exe and rename it for Genralized Biffing, but a lot of mods come with the automated mod packager that grabs the most current weidu version - which currently is v247. The moment v247 runs in a folder all present setup-exes + weidu.exe wil be updated to v247, too, unless you run it via console using the syntax @Magus posted.

The situation with weidu v247 leading to errors for some mods and being necessary for others is unfortunate, it's a temporary inconvenience that will be solved as soon as @Wisp finds the time to update weidu to resolve the incompatibilities.

On 8/2/2021 at 11:14 PM, jastey said:

@Moortje removing all weidu v247 from the game folder is indeed the way to go. This includes all setup-modname.exes as well as a plain weidu.exe in case it's present. Download weidu v246 and rename the weidu.exe* to the setup.exe of generalized biffing (I don't know the exact name currently). It then should install generalized biffing with the v246 version and the crashes should not occur in your game, hopefully.

*Alternatively you can take any v246 setup-modname.exe and rename it for Genralized Biffing, but a lot of mods come with the automated mod packager that grabs the most current weidu version - which currently is v247. The moment v247 runs in a folder all present setup-exes + weidu.exe wil be updated to v247, too, unless you run it via console using the syntax @Magus posted.

The situation with weidu v247 leading to errors for some mods and being necessary for others is unfortunate, it's a temporary inconvenience that will be solved as soon as @Wisp finds the time to update weidu to resolve the incompatibilities.

Thank you all for your replies.

@jasteyI did what you suggested and no more crashes but  the very long loading times are still there. Fifteen minutes to launch BGT.

Maybe I just installed too many mods🤔 , anyway thanks for your help.