To Weidu's developers, if any: disable automatic reinstallaton of mods

I have at the moment two mods installed, both mine. There were times when I had many more. But even these are big and it takes a long time for them to be installed or reinstalled. I'm working on the later of the mods, making changes and reinstalling frequently to check them. Every time I do this Weidu tries to reinstall the older mod. It's fortunate that there is an error in that one's tp2, so the installer simply shows an error message and skips it, and I can get the stuff I'm interested in. I'm not fixing that error on purpose, because if I did, I would be treated to an interminable reinstallation of the sleeping mod every time. On the other hand, I don't want to simply remove the older mod. I go back to it every so often, I make use of its resources in the override folder, sometimes I improve them and then copy them to the sleeping mod's Files. And I should have the opportunity to edit whatever I want. Disable or make optional the reinstallation of previous mods on the list!

The older mods are on top of the log, and that's where the standby mod is. But everybody surely knows that Weidu will reinstall all later mods in the stack if an older mod is changed. I don't know why it tries to reinstall the standby mod, come to think of it, when the newer mod is reinstalled, but it tries. In both cases, I hate that behavior.

Assuming the older mod is before the current mod in your install order, WEIDU isn't trying to install it. The reason it's displaying the tp2 error is because it needs to parse the tp2 of all mods in the stack, even ones it isn't planning to reinstall, to determine things like LABELs, FORBID_COMPONENTs, and the names of components to display in weidu.log. If your tp2 wasn't broken, you wouldn't be seeing anything here.

If you want to bypass WEIDU's auto-uninstall behavior altogether, just put NO_LOG_RECORD in your components. (But make sure you back up manually, because you'll have no way to uninstall.)

And WEIDU's current developer, wisp, hangs out (intermittently) at the WEIDU forum at forums.pocketplane.net.