EET_end warning after backup/restore of game folders

I decided to rename my current modded game folders (both the game directory itself as well as the save directory in my user profile) and create a new modded game to test some things without a bunch of mods possibly messing things up. It has only Sirene for BG1 (since it was installed directly to the BG1 game folder) and EET.

That went fine, but now I am getting a warning in my regular game that I need to run EET_end, even though I already have for this modded game. All I did was delete the new game and restore the old one.

I really don't want to re-run EET_end and SCS, as I fear it would blow up my game, so I may just live with the warning. The game seems to run fine if I just hit ESC. However, it would be nice to clear this warning. Any ideas on how - other than the obvious.

To clearify: all you did was copy your modded game (including EET_End) and rename the copy, and now EET thinks that EET_End did not run?

The first thing that comes to my mind is renaming the path in the EET weidu.log in case you haven't yet, in case EET is looking there for the EET_End entry. The real answer will have k4thos, of course.

You changed the engine_name variable in engine.lua at one point after EET but before EET_End got installed and now the user profile folders are in a mess (not necessarily in the current installation, even). Only customize that after you have finished EET installations.

You can fix the warning with looking up whichever save folder your standard installation uses now and change 'Program Options','EET Installation State' to 2 in it's baldur.lua but I wouldn't be surprised if there are more issues.

So far, the only issue has been the warning at startup. The game runs fine, because I never actually altered the game or save folders. I just renamed both, created a new game folder, and let EET create a new save folder.

Setting the EET Installation State variable to 2 has fixed the issue, though, so thanks! I didn't realize that EET embedded itself so far into the game.