A local variable is not being read

temnix

I have this *situation*... an invisible minion has rebelled against his purpose and shakes the firmament. This sorry angel was left around in an area from which my spell whisked off the party - that's how the spell works; he was left behind as an anchor for its return. On the way OUT the creature had a reliable attachment to a specific party member, the caster, through LastSummonerOf, and sent him to the second area, the rest of the party following along. When the spell is cast to return, though, the game may be past a reload, which unmoors LastSummonerOf and similar objects, and so a more definite indication of who is coming back is needed. Thus, I put a local variable on the caster of the spell, setting it to 1, and a delayed effect that resets it, all in the casting. The caster is quickly removed from the second area and brought back to the first, where the original minion is supposed to check which party member has this variable set and proceed to finalize the return. The relevant part of the minion's script reads:

IF
    AreaCheck("AR0700")
    Global("THS","GLOBAL",2)
    Global("THIS","LOCALS",1)
    TriggerOverride(Player1,Global("AWAY","LOCALS",1))
THEN
    RESPONSE #1

The global variable is at 2 to show that this is the journey back, it is set in the second area. The local on the minion was set when it was forwarding the party. The area is also right. But he refuses to recognize that the spell has put a local variable on Player1. Without this condition the block works, with it, it doesn't. I had doubts that possibly Player1 had a protection from NEUTRAL on, the minion being of that allegiance, so the variable could not be seen, but no. I thought I had failed to set it at all, but a check in BALDUR detected it on Player1 right away. It's just this two-bit Lucifer who doesn't want to admit it. Any ideas? Bitter experiences in the same vein?

No, I don't think that is it either.

There is a wizard in ...Ulgoth's Beard(?) that does this, pre-ee, I think. Maybe see what he does? Not sure

I have had trouble recognizing locals on pcs. Maybe try nexttriggerobject as multiple lines? 

Or maybe the pc can just summon another minion to teleport back? The minion overrides the char, makes them summon another minion, kills self, then the new minion does stuff(?)

Edited by Grammarsalad