Icewind Dale Fixpack Version 7 Now Available

Bug report: a party is unable to rest in the Vale of Shadows. Uninstalling the first component of the v7 fixpack results in the party being able to rest in the Vale of Shadows as expected.

Edit: Ditto for Kuldahar Pass.

Edit 2: This appears to be related to the fixpack removal of the dungeon flag from several areas. I re-added the dungeon flag to Kuldahar pass using NI, and was subsequently able to rest.

Edited by eyre
Guest Bug Report

HI,

I've tried the new version (v7) of the Fixpack on a plain (no other mods) original IWD with patch 1.06 and it's seems quite unreliable (here on Linux at least):

1. The game crash when a Cure Light Wound spell is cast. After some detective work it seems that the opcode 290 used in the new Fixpack to make the spell ineffective on undead is not implemented in this engine version. All I know is when I removed this effect in NI the spell now cast correctly without crashing the game. All other spells changed by this component are probably affected.
  2. The game crash when I transition from Kuldahar Pass to Kuldahar (East exit after the mill). No idea why, maybe some typo on a corrected creature file... I am stuck here.

A very rough start as you can see, I guess very few people play this game version nowadays but if you can easily find the culprit (and potential others on their way to crash the game) that would be welcome. Hope it helps.

1 hour ago, Guest Bug Report said:

original IWD with patch 1.06

So you don't have the Heart of Winter add on ? As then you would just install the Trials of the Loremaster patch. This is likely only because you have a Linux OS. As the start page says that this doesn't need the later versions of the engine. Cam will need to go see things likely.

On 1/8/2022 at 1:56 PM, Guest Bug Report said:

HI,

I've tried the new version (v7) of the Fixpack on a plain (no other mods) original IWD with patch 1.06 and it's seems quite unreliable (here on Linux at least):

1. The game crash when a Cure Light Wound spell is cast. After some detective work it seems that the opcode 290 used in the new Fixpack to make the spell ineffective on undead is not implemented in this engine version. All I know is when I removed this effect in NI the spell now cast correctly without crashing the game. All other spells changed by this component are probably affected.
  2. The game crash when I transition from Kuldahar Pass to Kuldahar (East exit after the mill). No idea why, maybe some typo on a corrected creature file... I am stuck here.

A very rough start as you can see, I guess very few people play this game version nowadays but if you can easily find the culprit (and potential others on their way to crash the game) that would be welcome. Hope it helps.

Cheers! The cause, for both, was ultimately me getting sloppy and inserting some HoW opcodes in the base game. Primarily this was 276 opcodes being added through the batch immunity fixes--the Kuldahar crash is from Arundel wearing a Ring of Free Action--but I've found a few other places (e.g. Cure Light Wounds) where I was doing it too.

I've committed a fix to Github for the next version.

Unfortunately, because it's coming from the batch patches it's probably a little too widespread to be manually removed.

I'm not sure of a timeline for v8, but having a crashy Fixpack will expedite the process. If you really want to continue immediately, you can grab updated files from the Github repo and re-install; specifically the tp2 and lib/iwdfp_effect_batches.tpa

Guest Bug Report

Ok, I will try with the updated files from Github.

By the way, thanks a lot for the impressive amount of fixes you put together and shared with everyone, and for your reactivity. Highly commendable.