Just want to know what steps to take

Guest Shout27

Guest Shout27

1) Change minsc's starting proficiency out of great sword and two handers then into bastard sword, axe, and finishing two weapon fighting. (Between keldorn and dorn this is a complete waste of all the other onehanders in the game, and you can keep the classic preference by sticking to two handing a bastard sword if you really want to roleplay).

2) Make Nalia an ex-mage turned thief (preferably by also altering the dearnise ring to grant permanent protection from normal missiles). Will give her a role alongside imoen and add an alternative thief to the party. Not sure what level to make her ex-mage abilities stop at... Though some part of me wants L9 or 10 for maxed out fireballs/magic missile (which could be balanced out by having to level from 1 and help sell her character). Of course, some part of me also wants to reintroduce 'Evermemory' and have it be her family that purchased said ring (giving her a subquest on who to go to to get it back from if you imported a character that had it).

3) Anomen needs something that I can't put my finger on. Still working that one out.

4) Making Clara a functional joinable character, maybe even an overlap quest of kill hexxat, restore Clara, redeem her into an alternative class, and anomen gets to become a paladin using an alternative character sheet (albeit an overpowered one with access to his previous weapon proficiencies on top of whatever he gets from going from level 1; given I can't just do the dual class thing it'll probably be a paladin sheet beefed up with an anomen only piece of over powered magic that would otherwise be an artifact).

5) considering restoring Garrick and or Xan as joinable NPCs as well. I don't know if I'll go through with this one unless I can put together the perfect set of lines for each of them, as you can easily create better starter joinable companions than just about everyone available. 

The theme for Garrick would be finding out that story wise he scammed the party out of all the stat increasing tomes that were found (no one else could detect magic at the time) and found some more on his own that made him tougher.

Just not sure how to go about making such a mod.

1 hour ago, Guest Shout27 said:

5) considering restoring Garrick and or Xan as joinable NPCs as well. I don't know if I'll go through with this one unless I can put together the perfect set of lines for each of them, as you can easily create better starter joinable companions than just about everyone available. 

We don't need such a thing, there's already mods for those.

1: Pick up EEKeeper, and cheat.

2. Pick up Near Infinity and with EEKeeper, cheat more.

3,,, cheat even yet more.

... 4, but the whole idea of the character is that she is kinda Clara during day time.

4) There is a MOD with joinable Clara now. She has quests, interjections, banters etc. I started to like her characterization in my current playthrough. She joins at level 3 and can choose any thief kit.

5) There is a very well written Xan BG2 mod. Finished a play-through with him this year and it is very good. As for Garrick, there is one MOD let him join in BG2 but I haven't seen him yet (I got this MOD in my current game).

---

Elaborate a bit as some one asked me.

Clara's kit can be changed anytime during the game play, the author made an option to choose the kit whenever you kick her and let her joins back. She joins as a level 3 thief and won't catch up with the experience of your PC such as the vanilla NPCs. She is still very weak and has no experience in adventuring, so her low level is for story reason.

Clara can join via this MOD but beamdog forum cannot be accessed now.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71473/megamod-2-86-mazzy-romance-clara-npc-darkside-anomen-flying-aerie-for-the-evil-more/p1

Xan BG2

https://www.pocketplane.net/xan-bg2-npc/

Garrick probably can join via this MOD

http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8355.0

Edited by marcnivar
9 hours ago, marcnivar said:

Garrick probably can join via this MOD

http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8355.0

Yes, this mod allows you to join Garrick to your group in BG2! He has more than a thousand lines of dialogues, many banters with all NPCs, one large quest and one microquest, a full-fledged Garrick-Nalia romance (written by Alisia), as well as two versions of the epilogue (with and without Nalia).

Latest version 13 is here: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=7724.msg78913#msg78913

Edited by Austin