Protection from Berserking

Rastor

If they're protected from this effect though, then this won't happen? They'll only attack the targets that they are supposed to attack?

I'm trying to mod these creatures with custom scripts and edit their CRE files and I saw that but didn't know why it was there.

Edited by Rastor
16 minutes ago, Rastor said:

If they're protected from this effect though, then this won't happen? They'll only attack the targets that they are supposed to attack?

Well, you could cast charm person and then they could target persons they didn't intend to. Point being that one is not the same as the other, but if you use the opcode 101 to protect from opcode 3, then they will never be subject to opcode 3's effects. That's what protection means.

On 1/17/2022 at 10:25 PM, Jarno Mikkola said:

Well, you could cast charm person and then they could target persons they didn't intend to. Point being that one is not the same as the other, but if you use the opcode 101 to protect from opcode 3, then they will never be subject to opcode 3's effects. That's what protection means.

What I'm trying to do is make a few mobs tougher for an AI enhancement project and I saw that and wanted to verify what it does. Thanks.

It's presumably there to prevent them from being forcibly driven into a berserk state? Like the IWD spell Blood Rage is described as a buff for allies, but if you cast it on an enemy in the middle of a group of enemies, it seems they will hulk out and take down their friends. (Huh, I've never used the spell that way, need to go test it... would be kind of amazing to cast at enemy clerics.)