Gender fixes

Yeah, but is it actually working like you expect? Try changing None.bs to the following, set <CHARNAME> to use "none," spawn in a sleeping turd, and report the results.

IF
HotKey(B)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
CreateCreatureObject("SLEEPDW",Myself,0,0,0)
END

IF
See([128])
StateCheck(LastSeenBy(),1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
DisplayStringHead(LastSeenBy(),1)
END

IF
See([0]) // Make sure nobody else is around but P1 and SLEEP*
THEN
RESPONSE #100
DisplayStringHead(LastSeenBy(),2)
END

Yeah, but is it actually working like you expect? Try changing None.bs to the following, set <CHARNAME> to use "none," spawn in a sleeping turd, and report the results.

Nope, that script block doesn't work for me either. It seems that, for whatever reason, See() completely ignores STATE_SLEEPING characters.

However, this is still beneficial to my script as I actually check for the presence of characters who are not sleeping, blinded, silenced, feebleminded...etc. so any STATE_SLEEPING creatures will be ignored by default. ;) BTW, I still wonder why the ToB sleepers were flagged as such but teh SoA ones were not? :)

Yeah, it works but for the fact that the NPCs are now totally useless for any purpose beyond eye candy and manual talking (which should be fine in the default game, true). I'll have to check whether scripts on the flagged NPCs even run or if they just lie there, lifeless (a similar "StateCheck(Myself,1) THEN DisplayStringHead(Myself,1)" failed to work, but I didn't try something like True() to see if they were running the script at all).

Locally, I took the approach whereby homes with sleeping commoners would only summon ENFORAM (et al.) in the hours when the sleepers were inactive (back when I only needed it in the home above Mae'Var's -- screw Amkethran!), but I've never been happy with it, and with this behavior of the STATE* flags in CREs, it looks like I'll still be searching for a better solution. :(

BTW, I still wonder why the ToB sleepers were flagged as such but teh SoA ones were not? ???
IIRC, they don't use SLEEPING_ animations (the boy and commoner woman, or at least the boy, in Amkethran). We only have Man, Woman, Dwarf, Elf, and FatMan (or something like that), but no SLEEPING_BOY or SLEEPING_GIRL.

The wounded elf in Suldy should also be flagged SLEEPING by default, and I swear this was the reason I couldn't talk with him, but now I need to investigate further to figure out what exactly was going on.

Archived