SCS Installation problem

Hello guys!
I've got this problem with installation. I have tried a lot of things (reinstallation, fresh new game, another hard drive, gave rights admin) and nothing worked. The funny part is that last time (the same pc) it worked perfectly fine! The same installation exe, now i've got this massege. Please help.

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Chrumcajs
2 hours ago, Chrumcajs said:

I don't understand what do you mean. I have downloaded stratagems-34.3.exe and extracted this in the BG1 EE folder. And setup-stratagems.exe is starting to install components and this is what I've got what I screenshoot.

Thing is, the process looks what has been done in the game folder before it does a thing, and you miight have an old game where you had the SCS installed, but you would like to update the mod, SCS in this case. And so you went and deleted the SCS folder. This is not what you should do. As it leaves the modified files into the game alive and now you just deleted the backups needed to recreate the old previous game files.

Your only option now, it to either use Steams Game file re-verification process to get a clean install. As you cannot uninstall the old version of the mod cause you have removed the mod folder.

Next time, you intent to update a mod, you need to use/run the existing setup-modfile.exe to Uninstall the mod, and after then you can remove the mod folder, and then extract the new version.

PS; I don't thing the screen shot has all the needed info in it... it's better to open the setup-scs.debug file with Notepad and copy paste the whole files content to a post.

3 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

How did you ended up with a weidu.log which has SCS listed in it but without the mod being actually installed?

Likely deletation of the old mod folder...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

If you are certain that you don't have SCS installed, delete weidu.log from the game folder. This will also mean that all your other mods will not be detected.

weidu.log stores what you have had installed, if a mod is listed in it, that means said mod is installed. It isn't part of the base game.

Edited by Graion Dilach

Maybe I'll try to explain what had happend. I had vanilla BG1EE Steam installed and i wanted to add some mods. I started SCS before another mods (npc projekt) and my friend told me that SCS has to be installed last so I stopped SCS.exe during the process. I screw this up so I decided to fully reinstall whole game. After this i can't install SCS but i can install other mods for some reason. 

Then uninstall the game, remove the game directory, and reinstall the games, the mods etc. The reason you cannot install the SCS is that it left files into your game directory that will insist that the mod will first be uninstalled if they are found, and since they are found... but the files didn't result into uninstallable version, this happens.

3 hours ago, Chrumcajs said:

BG documents folder

But that's not the INSTALLATION folder. Had you deleted everything needed, aka just the game folder after uninstalling the game, you wouldn't have the above shown error. That is all.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

If you've got the space (probably), just make a copy of the entire game folder after a clean install, and use that for restoring. Much easier than actual going through installation. 

1 minute ago, Awachi said:

If you've got the space (probably), just make a copy of the entire game folder after a clean install, and use that for restoring. Much easier than actual going through installation. 

And archive of the game folder is better, it's faster to extract than to copy.

4 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

But that's not the INSTALLATION folder. Had you deleted everything needed

Maybe I'll show you all folders I had deleted multiply times (full reinstall):
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition
Documents\Baldur's Gate-Enhanced Edition

And still doesn't work. I don't know if there is another place for installation folder. Sorry for troubling.

1 hour ago, Chrumcajs said:

Documents\Baldur's Gate-Enhanced Edition

This is not a real location, it doesn't have a drive character, but it's likely in this directory:

C:\Users\<windows user name>\Documents\Baldur's Gate-Enhanced Edition\

Those files can be left there. What's more important is the other directory, that when you install the game, you use a clean install. The Steam should provide you with one when you set it to refresh your install by verifying your install files. This should remove all files and folders not belonging to there, for example deleting the weidu.log file, the mod folders and setup-modname.exe -files. All of them. I don't have a clean install on this computer, so I cannot give you a picture of a clean install directory, but you could give us a picture of yours(D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition).

Edited by Jarno Mikkola