Inconsistency in use of 146/148 (cast spell on target/creature)

suy

Someone mentioned a scroll of Death Spell working against a Hakeashar, but the Skull of Death failing. I looked into them and found that the former uses 148 (cast spell at point) while the latter uses 146 (cast spell at creature).

CamDawg mentioned that the BG2FP went through many scrolls to correct this, but other items like this might be missing.

Death Spell via Skull of Death will nuke Hakeashars, so that's not an issue. However, it does need a fix--it requires you to target a creature despite being an AoE spell. Found a similar issue with Prismatic Spray via the Helm of Brilliance; I'm continuing my review.

This was a fairly cursory review, but I still found some minor issues.

BGEE

• The Clasp of Helm can cast Detect Illusion, but it was always cast on the caster instead of allowing the player to target it

BG2EE

• Cone of Cold via the White Dragon Scale required a target and had the wrong range
  • DIspel Magic via Purifier +5 required a target
  • Prismatic Spray via the Helm of Brilliance required a target, had the wrong range
  • Death Spell via the Skull of Death required a target
  • Restoration scrolls allowed for ranged casting despite the spell being touch range

IWDEE

• Two of the three Stone-to-Flesh scrolls had the wrong range
  • The Cittern of War can cast Emotion, Courage, but it was always cast on the caster instead of allowing the player to target it. This seems intentional and is not changed, as the source of the magic is the player using the Cittern as an instrument.