Limiting spell access for a new kit mod?

I have been working on a new kit for the ranger, and as part of it, I want to limit which of the priest spells it can access, similar to the Justifier kit, but not the exact same limitations.   I've checked the install files for the Justifier kit in UB, but I'm not seeing how this is being done.  I figure I must be overlooking something, but my brain is fried at the moment, and I am just not seeing it.

Would appreciate any advice here!

Edited by Daeros_Trollkiller

You can try messing with this tool by OlvynChuru. I've had some issues when trying to do more complicated things like a completely custom spellbook, but for something simple like removing a select few spells it should be fine. Try messaging him if you have issues. He's usually active.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/80718/tool-adding-class-or-kit-specific-spells/p1

43 minutes ago, The Artisan said:

You can try messing with this tool by OlvynChuru. I've had some issues when trying to do more complicated things like a completely custom spellbook, but for something simple like removing a select few spells it should be fine. Try messaging him if you have issues. He's usually active.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/80718/tool-adding-class-or-kit-specific-spells/p1

Thank you!  At first glance, it looks like this is more for adding new spells, but I did go ahead and message OlvynChuru to see if there is a way it could be leveraged for what I am trying to accomplish.

That’s a UI mod, no? Might be overkill, and might have compatibility issues. I can think of a few ways using ‘normal’ methods:

1) Find a kit that has no item restrictions beyond your ranger kit’s - say, the Undead Hunter or the Berserker - and then find the set of spells you don’t want your kit to have - say, all ranger-valid spells - and patch them with that other kit’s exclusion flag. If you choose it very carefully, it won’t have any actual effect on item use. These kit exclusion flags are a limited resource, however, so it runs the risk of another mod doing a similar thing with the same flag. (I know the Undead Hunter is used for this by some mod (maybe the Justifier? I forget), and one of my mods uses a ranger kit in this way to limit arcane spells for a bard kit. I also use the Skald kit flag, but for arcane spells, so it might work to limit ranger spells without conflicting. The Blade or Jester kits might as well... I vaguely recall another mod might use the Jester kit, but not which one...)

2) Find the set of all spells you want to exclude (e.g. filter for ranger/druid-valid spells, with the cleric exclusion flag), and add an op172 effect for each one to a special kit spell. Apply this to your kit at every level (in every column of the kit table), with timing mode 4, duration 1. Now give your kit whatever spells you want by doing selective DELETE_EFFECT patches in your kit spell, and if necessary directly adding them in the kit table. No compatibility issue here, the only issue is that one-second delay, which means if a player levels up with the game paused they might see spells that are not supposed to be there. To me that’s not a big deal; but you may disagree. 

3) Create a sphere system for all divine casters, which can then be used to control the spell access for this kit. :p

Edited by subtledoctor