Albruin

Guest Isk

All silver weapons in BG1 except Albruin have a bonus against lycantrophes, and some flavor text suggesting to player that it might be a good idea to hold on to them. Due to the importance of these weapons to defeat a certain boss I suggest that Albruin be given a small bonus vs lycantrophes and some flavor text. Otherwise there is no way for the player to know the uniqueness of this weapon.

There are quite a few of these almost-but-not-quite-FP issues.  Didn't the og Tweakpack have a specific category exactly for that?  Basically coming down to "yes, it'd be smart, consistent, and implement-able, but we can't interview the original devs to see if they meant it this way".

1 hour ago, DavidW said:

That sounds like a good change but I struggle to justify it as a bugfix.

I'd love to see arguments for why not, too.  Is there even an opposition party in this election?

The EEs were pretty big on documenting every property of items. I think a properly worded note on Albruin denoting that it can hit greater lycans--either by stating that directly or denoting that it's cold iron, depending on how overt we want to be--might be appropriate, especially if we add matching notes for the other items. I don't see a justification for adding an actual bonus, though.