Tortured Souls V6

Belanos

Although it is extremely well done, I would rather have the default start screen instead. I'd also like to have the original SoA selector emblem as well. Anyone know how to go about doing this? I'm presuming there'll be some files in the ToS backup that I have to return to Override, but I'm not sure which ones.

Oh, hmm. I assumed the new screen was part of that component...

I have poked around in the .tp2 just now and can't see where it all is offhand. The main screen appears to be START.BAM but deleting that from override may well not work alone because you'd need to get rid of the .CHU file too (START.CHU). Then replace both of them with the copies from your backup directory. :)

It is possible that more files were altered than this, I'm not sure (I have not done any GUI editing), so I'd make sure to keep a backup of these files just in case...

Oh, hmm. I assumed the new screen was part of that component...

I have poked around in the .tp2 just now and can't see where it all is offhand. The main screen appears to be START.BAM but deleting that from override may well not work alone because you'd need to get rid of the .CHU file too (START.CHU). Then replace both of them with the copies from your backup directory. :)

It is possible that more files were altered than this, I'm not sure (I have not done any GUI editing), so I'd make sure to keep a backup of these files just in case...

Well I tried your suggestions but it didn't work. In fact the only start file in the backup folder was start.mos, which didn't do a thing that I could see. I also tried replacing the files you suggested, but no luck. I guess I'll have to bug Vlad or just live with it.

Maybe the copy in the TS backup folder is a backup of TS' start.mos. Deleting all of them might default back to the game's inbuilt one (but I'd keep a backup somewhere, just in case).

That wouldn't make sense. He'd have to store the game's backup files somewhere in order to uninstall the mod, and that would be the logical place to put them. Besides, why would he need a backup of his own files?

It was just a guess. :) I figured if you deleted the start.mos it might crash the game, so it'd be handy to have something to replace it with so the game could be restarted.

Though now that I think of it, the stuff in the backup folder is the original version of the files that the mod altered, is it not? :undecided:

Archived