A question about compatibility

As I understand, this mod should be installed first before anything else, right? I was wondering, are any of the fixes likely to cause an incompatibility because some other mods rely on some bug or inconsistency of the base game? Just wondering, I don't know much about Infinity Engine modding.

Speaking of which, is a release coming anytime soon? I'd love to use it in my next playthrough. 🙂

Edited by RoyalProtector

From my experience with BG2FP and IWDFP: mods that rely on exploits are exceptionally rare, if not nonexistent. Potential compatibility issues are likely going to be of a couple of things:

Moving resources. Mods generally patch in whatever changes they need into a dialogue or creature file or whatever, so something like the removal of duplicate unique items can affect this. In this specific case, if some mod wanted to swap Ragefast's Amulet of Protection for a bespoke magical amulet, that could potentially fail. The other end is the items being used in quests or upgrades, e.g. I know I'm going to have to update the Item Upgrade mod to account for the new Ring of Fire Protection and other new resources.

Systematic changes to mechanics. I think the only thing EEFP has done so far is restructuring how immunities work, and even then, if a mod uses the 'old' method it should still work--it's just that the EEFP method is better, and simpler to boot.

'Normal' mod conflicts. Outside of that, there's also the same compatibility risk as any mod--if two (or more) mods try to patch, say, the same specific dialogue state or the same block of scripting, there's potential for a conflict.