Casting "Summon Monsters" crashes the game.

Guest baldursgateenjoyer

Guest Incantatar

Came here to post this. Crashes my game too.

Steam BGEE 2.6.6.0, Linux, no SoD

Both are present in animate.ids:

0xE800 ORC_MELEE
0xE810 ORC_RANGE

the wrong entry in their animation field (4294967295), should be 59440 and 59392

What's the fix here using NI? I only see Text/HEX. Still crashes, when I change the animation to something else like Hobgoblins.

Only SCS installed.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1510 // Include divine spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Replace +1 arrows and other projectiles with nonmagical "fine" ones: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3021 // Replace many +1 magic weapons with nonmagical "fine" ones -> Fine weapons are immune to the iron crisis: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Reduce the number of Arrows of Dispelling in stores -> Remove Arrows of Dispelling from stores: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3540 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3550 // Increase the power of Cure Wounds and Cause Wounds spells to the level found in 3rd Edition D&D -> Spells heal or inflict a random amount of damage (1d8 per level of the spell, plus 1 point per caster level, to a maximum of 5 points per spell level): 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3580 // Restoration and Lesser Restoration spells heal ability-score damage: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 2/3 the normal rate: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4115 // Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5080 // Improved textscreens in Tales of the Sword Coast: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly smarter carrion crawlers: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: 34.3

Sorry to necro this thread @CamDawg @polytope if that's what I'm doing, but this is the closest thread I could find:

I'm running into a similar error but with monster summoning 1-3 that causes a ctd. I don't think its directly SCS-related, as I followed an install order I saw online and installed IWDification before SCS, both arcane and divine packs, so its probably tied more to that. I tried doing what is recommended here in the thread and change the animation value to something else in NI, but I'm not very good with that so I'm not sure if I did everything needed. Attached is a copy of my wiedu log and a pic of NI with the .cre that is summoned by the monster summoning 1 spell, at least. Could there be another issue? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Also, while uploading the pic from NI, I noticed that the .2da that details the creatures summonsed by the spell listed .cre's that didn't exist, so I changed it to just summon creatures that are in the folder (I swapped one for an additional goblin (ms1goba.cre)). --This still didn't work and the game crashed upon completion of the spell. 

Can anyone help me out with this?

Screen Shot 2023-11-25 at 11.28.03 PM.png

WeiDU.log

Your report that the .cre files referenced by the 2DA aren't present in game suggests to me something didn't install properly, it's not the same bug at any rate because it was already fixed in stand-alone IWDification and the problem was a bad .cre animation reference.

It's helpful to post the specific error message that accompanies a crash when troubleshooting ctds, I don't recognize most of the mods in your WEIDU log.