Priest Scroll placement

@Grammarsalad
A simple consideration:  If a shop sells arcane scrolls of level X, they also sell at least a small number of divine scrolls of the same level and lower.

Temples in BG1 sell divine scrolls or level 5 and below.  Temples and quartermasters in SoD sell divine scrolls of level 6 and below.  Temples in BG2 sell divine scrolls of level 7 and below, but not HLAs.  Temples in ToB and the Arcana Archives sell divine scrolls of all levels, including HLAs.

EDIT: How do you plan to handle divine versions of arcane spells, such as Faiths & Powers which can grant divine casters fireball and invisibility?  I was also curious how you planned to visually distinguish the scrolls/icons of arcane and divine spells.  Perhaps include some red (arcane) and blue (divine) borders or background.

Edited by Endarire

On EEs, add a new line to rndtres.2da for your intermediary item and add it to the monsters you want it to carry. This allows that item to be randomized to what you want. Also see https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/files/2da/2da_bgee/rndtres.htm. Note that this doesn't work well in shops/bags of holding though. This debuted with IWD(EE).

There's also the other rnd 2DAs, but those are more hardcoded and I wouldn't suggest messing with those ones.

3 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

On EEs, add a new line to rndtres.2da for your intermediary item and add it to the monsters you want it to carry. This allows that item to be randomized to what you want. Also see https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/files/2da/2da_bgee/rndtres.htm. Note that this doesn't work well in shops/bags of holding though. This debuted with IWD(EE).

There's also the other rnd 2DAs, but those are more hardcoded and I wouldn't suggest messing with those ones.

Awesome! Thanks

On 8/11/2022 at 12:47 PM, Graion Dilach said:

Sorry, so when you say that this doesn't work well in shops, are you saying that I definitely shouldn't use this to randomize items sold in shops, or that there are things i should be careful about? If the latter, could you share? 

Random treasures are basically dummy items which are evaulated on selected actions. By default these items are so dummy (with the ITM file outright missing sometimes even) that you can end up with invisible/unmovable ones inside containers. Them being in a container does not trigger the randomization to evaulate, so placing the dummy item to a shop combined with the lacking-ITM-file-or-too-dummy-to-even-set-up-to-be-moved combination can lead to stuck items outright.

You can probably make a Pandora's Priest Scroll out from this, because the random item will not be evaulated inside the shop inventory, only inside the player's inventory after they bought it. As long as you supply a valid ITM file along, you should be safe.