The Gorgon's Eye (Thieves Guild in Beregost Mod)

Thank you! Do I need to manually add that function to something? When I run the .bat it already appears at the top, but then I receive this error message for each .d file.

weidu --traify gorgon\dialog\h_aishad.d
'weidu' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

If I can figure out my issue, I could just move all the dialog into one file to workaround those numbers. I moved  a blank weidu.exe into the bgee folder and now I receive a different error.

\Baldur's Gate\00766>weidu --traify gorgon\dialog\h_bald2d.d
[weidu] WeiDU version 24900
[.\chitin.key] 82 BIFFs, 37341 resources

FATAL ERROR: Failure("ERROR: this is a multi-language game, but you have not set which language to use. Specify --use-lang at least once.")

13 minutes ago, JohnBob said:

Good Question !

I'm looking at some other mods, Baldur's Gate Mini Quests & Encounters, BG1NPC... several .tra have the same numbers !

But good question !

I actually have some trouble to traify an other mod, so iI still have more to learn !

That is interesting and very confusing to me then 😅

Maybe it works differently for dialog and you can reuse numbers in separate files. If not though, maybe that could be what your issue is too 🤷‍♂️

Hello,

It was a good lead !
The traification of artisan kit pack "seems" successful !

In the meantime, here is a fork of your repo with the traification of your mod, I did a small verification on near infinity, it "seems" good !
But I let you check in-game...

You can grab it if you like !

Here is the .bat used to traify your mod : gorgon.traify.All.bat

(The last question is : Is it necessary to put all the name and path of the .tra in the tp2...)

Edited by JohnBob

Hey good job and thank you! I'll check it out and add it in.

10 hours ago, JohnBob said:

(The last question is : Is it necessary to put all the name and path of the .tra in the tp2...)

I don't know the answer to that question, but the one guide I followed did say to add them. The difference though is it only had one dialog.tra file, which had everyone's dialog in it instead of them having their own separate files.

Hello,

New attempt with the dialog.tra !

Using this file gorgon.traify.1000.bat  with a traification that starts at @1000 and add +200 for each :

h_aishad --traify# 1000
h_amriud --traify# 1200
h_ariosd --traify# 1400
...and so on

Then I manually added each file in the dialog.tra file and modified the .tp2...

So the installation doesn't work with your master, an error in h_zedadd.d, but I think you have know about it it...

Spoiler
Installing [Install The Gorgon's Eye] [v2]
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

[action list near line 59, column 141 of gorgon/dialog/h_zedadd.d] PARSE WARNING at line 59 column 1-84
Near Text: )
        [GivePartyItem] not found in ACTION.IDS
WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetGlobal("h_LeftRiddle","GLOBAL",1) AddExperienceParty(250) GivePartyItem("AROW01")~: Parsing.Parse_error

[action list near line 60, column 143 of gorgon/dialog/h_zedadd.d] PARSE WARNING at line 60 column 1-85
WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetGlobal("h_RightRiddle","GLOBAL",1) AddExperienceParty(250) GivePartyItem("MISC59")~: Parsing.Parse_error

[action list near line 62, column 143 of gorgon/dialog/h_zedadd.d] PARSE WARNING at line 62 column 1-85
WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetGlobal("h_FrontRiddle","GLOBAL",1) AddExperienceParty(250) GivePartyItem("SCRL76")~: Parsing.Parse_error

[action list near line 86, column 141 of gorgon/dialog/h_zedadd.d] PARSE WARNING at line 86 column 1-84
WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetGlobal("h_LeftRiddle","GLOBAL",1) AddExperienceParty(250) GivePartyItem("AROW01")~: Parsing.Parse_error

[action list near line 87, column 143 of gorgon/dialog/h_zedadd.d] PARSE WARNING at line 87 column 1-85
WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetGlobal("h_RightRiddle","GLOBAL",1) AddExperienceParty(250) GivePartyItem("MISC59")~: Parsing.Parse_error

[action list near line 89, column 143 of gorgon/dialog/h_zedadd.d] PARSE WARNING at line 89 column 1-85
WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetGlobal("h_FrontRiddle","GLOBAL",1) AddExperienceParty(250) GivePartyItem("SCRL76")~: Parsing.Parse_error

[action list near line 117, column 141 of gorgon/dialog/h_zedadd.d] PARSE WARNING at line 117 column 1-84

[action list near line 118, column 143 of gorgon/dialog/h_zedadd.d] PARSE WARNING at line 118 column 1-85

[action list near line 120, column 143 of gorgon/dialog/h_zedadd.d] PARSE WARNING at line 120 column 1-85

[action list near line 149, column 141 of gorgon/dialog/h_zedadd.d] PARSE WARNING at line 149 column 1-84

[action list near line 150, column 143 of gorgon/dialog/h_zedadd.d] PARSE WARNING at line 150 column 1-85

[action list near line 152, column 143 of gorgon/dialog/h_zedadd.d] PARSE WARNING at line 152 column 1-85
ERROR: internal label [PRIZE_0] appears 2 times in processed DLG [H_ZEDADD]
ERROR: postprocessing [H_ZEDADD]: Failure("cannot resolve label")
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Install The Gorgon's Eye], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  31 files for [GORGON/SETUP-GORGON.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled     31 files for [GORGON/SETUP-GORGON.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("cannot resolve label")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-GORGON.DEBUG and look for support at: TotalMilk90
Using Language [English]

I left the old .tra in the english folder and uncomment the file list in the .tp2, so you have both possibilities.

The .tra are up to date with your last commits, but you probably already made some changes locally, however you can add the new lines afterwards...

I know you are busy on another part of the mod, but it was interesting to try anyway, you'll see if it is useful when the time comes.