The Gorgon's Eye (Thieves Guild in Beregost Mod)

Hi TotalMilk,
Area codes in one of the scripts break for EET as they reflect the old BG ones.To fix the transaction back from the night market I changed

h_ravcut.bcs 

to:

IF
    True()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CutSceneId(LastTalkedToBy(Myself))
        FadeToColor([20.0],0)
        Wait(2)
        LeaveAreaLUAPanic("BG0153","",[186.267],N)
        LeaveAreaLUA("BG0153","",[186.267],N)
        FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
        Wait(2)
        EndCutSceneMode()
END

Guest AmyAE

Got a "no valid replies or links" error when I went back to Rigaldo after stealing the gem from Zieke. Took a look at the dialogue (below); the problem was that I was having trouble not getting caught so I just used an invisibility potion & ran away after the guards went hostile, but the responses assume that if you got caught, you had to fight your way out. There's no response for "got caught but didn't kill anyone," which should be a valid option.

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 57
   SAY ~Do you have the prize? Show it here, let's have a look under the light. We need to make sure it's the gem we're after, not some fool's gold.~
       +~PartyHasItem("h_misc04") Global("h_CaughtByDay","GLOBAL",0) Global("h_CaughtByGuards","GLOBAL",0) NumDead("h_ziekec",0)~+ ~Got the diamond right here.~ DO ~AddJournalEntry(@311,QUEST_DONE) AddExperienceParty(600)~ GOTO 61
       +~PartyHasItem("h_misc04") Global("h_CaughtByDay","GLOBAL",1) Global("h_CaughtByGuards","GLOBAL",1) NumDeadGT("h_ziekec",0)~+ ~Got the diamond right here.~ DO ~AddJournalEntry(@311,QUEST_DONE) AddExperienceParty(200)~ GOTO 63
       +~PartyHasItem("h_misc04") Global("h_CaughtByDay","GLOBAL",0) Global("h_CaughtByGuards","GLOBAL",0) NumDeadGT("h_ziekec",0)~+ ~Got the diamond right here.~ DO ~AddJournalEntry(@311,QUEST_DONE) AddExperienceParty(200)~ GOTO 65

Guest AmyAE

Cool. Also, the characters should probably despawn after the quest is over. I ended up charming Zieke & the guards in order to pickpocket, and when I went back days later they were all still there and the guards were hostile.

On 1/15/2024 at 4:52 AM, Guest AmyAE said:

Cool. Also, the characters should probably despawn after the quest is over. I ended up charming Zieke & the guards in order to pickpocket, and when I went back days later they were all still there and the guards were hostile.

Hmm, they are scripted to disappear after turning in the quest. I’ll take another look at it. Maybe charm has something to do with it.

Guest AmyAE
15 minutes ago, TotalMilk90 said:

Hmm, they are scripted to disappear after turning in the quest. I’ll take another look at it. Maybe charm has something to do with it.

Huh, weird, I thought that was the intended way to finish the quest. I couldn't pickpocket Zieke without him noticing unless he was charmed (but maybe I could if my pickpocket skill was higher?), but even if he was, taking the gem immediately triggered the guards to notice I had it and go hostile, even if they hadn't seen me pickpocketing, unless they were charmed first.

Another issue in Shadows and Echoes. I dropped the note and then met the target. The target was deleted when they explained their actions to the quest giver, but the quest giver did not react in any way. I cannot progress the questline any more.

The target respawned at the same place, however, but they cannot be interacted with, and killing them made no difference. So yeah looks like it completely broke the questline.

Deleting them yourself outright as a result of the dialog completed the quest as expected.

Edited by RoyalProtector

Small update to v4.4 with some bug fixes.

Spoiler

-Fixed quest resolution bug in "Diamond in the Rough" if you got caught but did not kill the guards
-Fixed quest resolution bug in "Shadows and Echoes" if you brought Valera back to the guild
-Fixed EET crash inside the Jovial Juggler during "Shrouded Alliances"
-Fixed a bug in Saradin's dialog that made his quest repeatable
-Fixed issues with Lord Varlind's bounty concerning reward and dialog options
-Fixed incorrect journal entry for "Shadows of Knowledge"
-Fixed double reward for completing Isla's bounty
-Fixed wrong dialog lines being used for Rhade and Zeda
-Removed hidden reputation loss when killing members of the City Watch
-Added more reputation loss during Ariosh's questline
-Fixed typos

Still in progress:

2 joinable NPC's
New questline for Saradin 
Separate questline for joining the City Watch (maybe)
New Kerykeion weapons
Several random smaller tweaks/enhancements

On 2/12/2024 at 11:52 AM, paladin84 said:

Is it time to traify mod or there are going to be more changed?

Still working on some bigger things now that I'm back at it after taking a break.

19 hours ago, RoyalProtector said:

Just noted a potential issue in Shadows of Revelry quest.

Only one of the nobles can be pickpocketed. I think one of them cannot be pickpocketed because their bag of money is in the helmet slot. The one who can be pickpocketed has it in the inventory slots.

This is actually intentional. One of them can be pickpocketed, while the other has to be taken through cunning/dialog.

19 hours ago, RoyalProtector said:

Another issue in Shadows and Echoes. I dropped the note and then met the target. The target was deleted when they explained their actions to the quest giver, but the quest giver did not react in any way. I cannot progress the questline any more.

The target respawned at the same place, however, but they cannot be interacted with, and killing them made no difference. So yeah looks like it completely broke the questline.

Deleting them yourself outright as a result of the dialog completed the quest as expected.

This was just fixed in the new update. One of the variables was wrong in the specific instance of bringing Valera back to the guild, while also having either killed or forced Blackthorn to leave town in that earlier quest. Thanks for the report!

Just now, TotalMilk90 said:

while the other has to be taken through cunning/dialog

Huh, really? Because I tried to talk to them, but I didn't see any options. I might have missed it because I was playtesting rather quickly, but is there any other chance to talk with them other than when they're partying outside?

Many thanks for the update.

1 minute ago, RoyalProtector said:

Huh, really? Because I tried to talk to them, but I didn't see any options. I might have missed it because I was playtesting rather quickly, but is there any other chance to talk with them other than when they're partying outside?

Many thanks for the update.

Yeah you need go back and forth between some of the named characters to get new dialog options. It's mainly between the guard and the bartender. But you do have to pass a skill check too during the dialog, so it's possible your character failed that and got locked out of getting the second purse.

On 1/16/2024 at 9:52 PM, Guest AmyAE said:

Huh, weird, I thought that was the intended way to finish the quest. I couldn't pickpocket Zieke without him noticing unless he was charmed (but maybe I could if my pickpocket skill was higher?), but even if he was, taking the gem immediately triggered the guards to notice I had it and go hostile, even if they hadn't seen me pickpocketing, unless they were charmed first.

I found out how to do it properly. 

An invisible thief pickpocket Zieke, the trick is to be specifically positioned so the guard near the room doesn't see the thief, and then use another invisibility potion to exit the inn. 

19 hours ago, Trouveur80 said:

I found out how to do it properly. 

An invisible thief pickpocket Zieke, the trick is to be specifically positioned so the guard near the room doesn't see the thief, and then use another invisibility potion to exit the inn. 

Nice! A couple ways I was able to complete it in testing too were pickpocketing from the top right angle then immediately moving into the corner out of the guards sight. The easiest way I found though was to just use pause immediately after stealing. There is a very short delay before the guard will initiate dialog, just enough to quickly press pause and enter stealth right then and there.