The Gorgon's Eye (Thieves Guild in Beregost Mod)

Download from GitHub

Introduction

After violating the terms of his separation from the Shadow Thieves, Baldwin "The Butcher" Glendale, fled north to Beregost, where he formed his own guild, the Gorgon's Eye. He pressed the local pickpockets and began amassing a vast network of contacts and spies. The townspeople have begun to show signs of unrest, however, and are making plans of their own to combat this new threat. On top of that, the impending confrontation with the Shadow Thieves lies near on the horizon. Currently, Baldwin is in active recruitment, seeking adventurers to aid him in the search for a dark and powerful staff called the Kerykeion. If successful, it would grant him unimaginable power, allowing nothing to stand in his way.

Mod Overview

The Gorgon's Eye is a small content mod for BG:EE/SoD and EET that adds an underground thieves guild into the town of Beregost. It contains 20 new quests, 2 new areas(reused), dozens of new characters, a new store that buys stolen goods, a few new items and a very small item-upgrade. It can be accessed immediately after leaving Candlekeep and is open to all players, excluding those with a lawful-good alignment.

This is my first mod and I want it to be good, so any feedback or criticism on any aspect of it would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by TotalMilk90
Posted (edited)

Any thief in the party is fine, there won't be any difference with dialog or quests or anything. All you really need is the pickpocket skill. Even then, I guess you could technically just kill the people you need to steal from and not even have a thief at all, if you didn't care about reputation. 😅

Edited by TotalMilk90
typo

Thanks you for the your work, it's awesome. And a great idea about the thieves guild.

Spoiler

There is a mod (so far only in Russian) that uses a courtesan in Beregost. Can these two mods affect each other?

Edited by scheele

I'm currently clearing Durlag's Tower in Chapter 5, so I don't want to start the game over. Is it possible to teleport through the console to the tunnel behind Feldpost's Inn and start guild quests that way? Or will I have to start a new game?

Edited by scheele
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, yota13 said:

Congratulations on the long awaited release!

One request: please make traification, to be able to translate the mod.

Sure, I would like to add that feature. I just don't know anything about it though, so I'll need to look into it first. 

Edited by TotalMilk90
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, scheele said:

Thanks you for the your work, it's awesome. And a great idea about the thieves guild.

Reveal hidden contents

There is a mod (so far only in Russian) that uses a courtesan in Beregost. Can these two mods affect each other?

They won't affect each other because I don't use the ones that are already there,  mine are all new characters.

37 minutes ago, scheele said:

I'm currently clearing Durlag's Tower in Chapter 5, so I don't want to start the game over. Is it possible to teleport through the console to the tunnel behind Feldpost's Inn and start guild quests that way? Or will I have to start a new game?

I don't think so because, if I understand this correctly, once you have been into an area, it won't reference any new files added onto it after that. So, while you could console into the guild area, "h_guilda", any quests that involve new characters in other areas that you have already visited may not spawn.

Edited by TotalMilk90

Hello,

For dialogues you can automate the traification with a .bat file.

With this function :

FOR %%f IN (gorgon\dialog\*.d) DO weidu --traify %%f

Your mod must be in the bgee game folder ! (the .bat file too)

The .d files in the dialog folder will be modified with @"" and .tra files will be created in the same folder.

Traify.d.bat

By the way, your mod seems very nice !

Edited by JohnBob