The Gorgon's Eye (Thieves Guild in Beregost Mod)

One quest temporarily uses the house left of Thunderhammer’s. Otherwise, npcs are just spread around town, in taverns or in the separate guild area.

I would recommend installing it alongside other quest mods which is generally early on.

So far, I’m not aware of any incompatibilities or conflicts with any other mods.

6 hours ago, Endarire said:

To clarify, did you overwrite any area/creature/item files for Gorgon's Eye instead of patching them?  (I assumed that was the implied question.)

Thankee!

This is the question in order to decide where to place the mod among other quest mods (especcialy in an EET install).

3 hours ago, Mordekaie said:

@TotalMilk90 Thanks for the informations. Waiting for testing your mod in my next EET install ! Some new stuff going on in Beregost :)

Awesome, thank you! I am in desperate need of testing and feedback.

I can only confirm my own playthrough with just EET and with EET + lots of mods and both were successful. There's 2 small issues I noticed and haven't fixed for EET yet though. A few of my new misc items have distorted description images. They are only temporary quest items so not a major concern. I think its because they stay with their original string number instead of increasing by 200000. I never figured out how to fix that.

Another issue is an npc you talk to is supposed to stay in one spot. With EET his script gets changed to make him random walk. It doesn't cause any problems or anything but it just looks a little strange during one cutscene.

26 minutes ago, TotalMilk90 said:

Awesome, thank you! I am in desperate need of testing and feedback.

I can only confirm my own playthrough with just EET and with EET + lots of mods and both were successful. There's 2 small issues I noticed and haven't fixed for EET yet though. A few of my new misc items have distorted description images. They are only temporary quest items so not a major concern. I think its because they stay with their original string number instead of increasing by 200000. I never figured out how to fix that.

Another issue is an npc you talk to is supposed to stay in one spot. With EET his script gets changed to make him random walk. It doesn't cause any problems or anything but it just looks a little strange during one cutscene.

I will definitely test your mod as my character is probably going to be a fighter/thief, but not that soon as my EET install order is still a work in progress.

Edited by Mordekaie

My first impression of the mod was that it looks well made, however I thought for a thieves guild it was perhaps a little too easy to stumble into their secret lair. My suggestion then would be to make some sort of longer tunnel before you reach the lair proper. Maybe even with a few traps along the way?

@Quester Considering your big install order,

15 minutes ago, Quester said:

My first impression of the mod was that it looks well made, however I thought for a thieves guild it was perhaps a little too easy to stumble into their secret lair. My suggestion then would be to make some sort of longer tunnel before you reach the lair proper. Maybe even with a few traps along the way?

Nice suggestion.

@Quester You have quite an impressive EET install order and i am following the same path ! Where did you put this mod in your load order ? For what reason ?

2 hours ago, Quester said:

Thank you! That is a great point.

I could add an in between area kind of like the exit caves under candlekeep. Then if you decide to join the guild they could show you a shortcut so you wouldn’t have to walk through that every time you come and go, which is a pretty high amount. I can add the area easily enough (I think) but I don’t know how to remove it afterwards.

Alternatively, maybe the area is closed off at the beginning. A member of the guild could approach you and give you a test or quest. If you pass he grants you access to the area as is. That way it could appear as if it were more hidden. Same problem as above though, I don’t know how to close off or gain access to an area during play so I’d have to look into it.

Thanks for the great suggestion though, I will add it to my to-do list!

22 hours ago, Mordekaie said:

@Quester Considering your big install order,

Nice suggestion.

@Quester You have quite an impressive EET install order and i am following the same path ! Where did you put this mod in your load order ? For what reason ?

Thanks Mordekaie. It's a work in progress, I'm currently tweaking my install list and updating some mods etc, to start a new playthrough soon.

To my understanding this Gorgon's Eye mod can go pretty much anywhere among the quest mods.

7 hours ago, ahungry said:

There's a quest issue - if you kill Gerard for the pendant, he won't drop it (I chose to kill him despite his innocent status, when using the dialogue implying he/his guards would die).

Similarly, it should probably be on him as a base item for pick pocket purpose as well?

Thank you!

This was done intentionally because Gerard needs to be alive for another quest that he's involved in. The dialog choices are actually based off your strength and have 2 different ways that it can play out. If you threaten to kill him and he sends his guards after you, he will toe the line after they are dead and give you the pendant if you talk to him.

The guild doesn't want you to kill Gerard, they just want you to scare him into paying his dues again. That's also why it's not pick pocketable, it's really more of an intimidation/extortion quest than just a fetch job.