Any gold to xp converter trainer?

Guest Morgoth

I actually thought about adding this into my Thieves Guild mod but I opted for stat increases instead. I could always add it as an alternative though. I just thought it would have been cooler if there was a way to only trade in stolen gold/items for exp instead of just any treasure you find. Kind of as a workaround to not getting exp for pickpocketing. 

6 hours ago, Endarire said:

What about a fence that gives EXP for items sold to him instead of money, or gives money but that money is immediately traded for EXP?

-well, technically the wizard spell scrolls are these type items. All you need to do is to remove a spell you know, relearn it from a scroll and vola 1000xp per spell level is yours.

Guest Morgoth
18 hours ago, TotalMilk90 said:

I actually thought about adding this into my Thieves Guild mod but I opted for stat increases instead. I could always add it as an alternative though. I just thought it would have been cooler if there was a way to only trade in stolen gold/items for exp instead of just any treasure you find. Kind of as a workaround to not getting exp for pickpocketing. 

a xp increaser would be really cool. Even better than stats (I don't use EET, so they have little sense for people aiming for standalone experiences). Please, give it a thought :)

On 10/8/2022 at 9:05 PM, Jarno Mikkola said:

-well, technically the wizard spell scrolls are these type items. All you need to do is to remove a spell you know, relearn it from a scroll and vola 1000xp per spell level is yours.

And in the SoA campaign, Ribald's special shop sells an unlimited number of Freedom scrolls. Which are much cheaper than other scrolls of that level. At average reputation and charisma, it's 825 gold for each 9000 XP. At full (20 rep, 20 cha) discount, that goes down to 370 gold for each 9000 XP. Which ... well, I've played games in which I could have hit the 8 million XP cap with a full six-member party before even moving on to ToB.

Guest Morgoth

Jmerry, I want to avoid the cheese of buying scrolls and forgetting the spell right after just to learn it back again, like you proposed .

And I would like to avoid too the basilisk cheese in bg1

But I still would like a way to convert my money in xp - I should probably just use the cheats, I guess, so I don't waste one hour time with the basilisks and the spells stuff.

Guest Morgoth
On 10/12/2022 at 6:55 PM, TotalMilk90 said:

Do you have any experience using Near Infinity? It would actually be pretty simple to make. You could just copy one of the stat tomes, change the stat to give experience points instead, adjust the price and then add it with an infinite supply to any merchant.

TotalMilk90, I will think about trying that.

The cheat stuff I was referring to was just to subtract gold easily for xp, without having to make a mod 😛

Have a nice weekend.