BG1 mod worked prior but now has bugged dialogue

jmaeq

Hello, everyone!

I wanted to check on something in Zakrion's BG1 mod, so I started a new game and the only mod installed was Zakrion. I went to go pick him up and his dialogue was bugged (spouting random lines). Next, I installed dlcmerger to see if that was my issue, and I still received the buggy mess. Last time I checked the mod was when I uploaded v1.1 (January 2022), and it worked perfectly fine.

I'm honestly stumped as to why this issue is occurring now. Does anyone have any leads as to why this might be happening? (It's also possible that I did something to the code that I was unaware of, but then again, it worked before, so I'm confused on why it wouldn't be working now.) I tried to look up change logs to the game or anything that could have affected the mod, but I haven't had any luck.

Thank you for your time in advance!

EDIT: I had a couple of other BG1 NPC mods installed prior and they were all working fine as well, but now, they don't. I know those mods are currently working, though. I definitely think this is something on my end...

Edited by jmaeq

Yes, I'd start with a completely newly downloaded game folder. "Only" redownloading/refreshing will not erase leftovers from a former merge (in case of SoD from GOG/Steam) and might lead to this behavior. Hope it will work! I can only imagine the shock to think one's mod is busted.

20 hours ago, jastey said:

Yes, I'd start with a completely newly downloaded game folder. "Only" redownloading/refreshing will not erase leftovers from a former merge (in case of SoD from GOG/Steam) and might lead to this behavior. Hope it will work! I can only imagine the shock to think one's mod is busted.

Hello, jastey!

I will definitely try this and report back to see if this works (hopefully, it does). Thank you very much for your time, I appreciate it. :)

EDIT: That did the trick! Thank you a million times over! :)

Edited by jmaeq