Suggestion for Near Infinity

It's capable of exporting tiles and it's capable of showing doors in both the open and closed position. How much additional work would it be to get it to spit out the closed doors as individual pngs? I guess you'd use the open and closed regions to calculate which tiles are needed.

I've just had to recreate somewhere between 60 and 70 doors in the last few days, so I just thought I'd ask... 😄

The ground work may already exist in NI but it would still be (more or less) a whole new implementation from scratch to add such a feature. It might be faster (and more customizable for your task) to code something like that in WeiDU. Since 64-bit WeiDU has lifted the 16 MB buffer limit for big files it is actually doable to create some kind of TIS data converter.

PS_Tileset might have some useful code if you want to go the WeiDU route.  Alternatively, you might could use NI's Area Viewer to export the original area as a PNG, then check the "Draw closed" box to flip the doors and export that as a PNG, then use a program like ImageMagick to diff the two, keeping only the changed pixels.  From there it might be possible to use ImageMagick to export each distinct region of changed pixels as separate images, but I'd have to do some research to be sure.

Edit:  Well never mind about the ImageMagick route.  I tested it and even after the first step it is apparent there are surely more straightforward routes to get what you want.  I'd show you but I've run out of upload space... 😒

Edited by Sam.

Argent77: Well that was quick!!!! 😊

Sam: What I had been doing was to export a closed door and an open door PNG from NI and then dump them into Photoshop as two layers. I then set the grid as 64 pixels with a single subdivision i.e. 64 pixels a side on the grid. Flickety-flick on the Show/Hide layer button pretty much showed up all of the doors (not all of them - a very few did a really good job of hiding in shadows) and also how many tiles they needed to be cut into. Easy but started to get tedious after a while - every ***!!!###!! night door in Baldur's Gate. Unfortunately the end result wasn't always 'correct' - of course, the PNG files export the existing BG:EE tiles and as I'm back on the 'I'm going to fix this damn city or die trying' warpath, the pixels from the PNG didn't always match up with my main area corrections.

As Beamdog seem to have consistently missed the Beregost extended night I provided to them and are also using the stupidly ugly original Bioware night textures in Baldur's Gate, that's what I'm fixing. Remember the Extended Night mod? Similar to that, but specifically for Beregost and Baldur's Gate as all the other night areas have made it into the BG:EE release package. Only this time I'm trying to pick up all the bits I missed in Baldur's Gate as well as adding new stuff (Iron Throne lit up at night, for example) and seriously improving all of the night lighting in the city.

Preview: https://mega.nz/file/PIIEgIZI#s5EBmKLpATdQbyEAAuWjG36SY6qzNfj7ce-iYuFu_Qg

Edited by Yovaneth