NPC Mod: Dusk Aldant, The Wizard Slayer

Really congrats. Could be the final push to reinstall the game. I was waiting for skitia's npc to get out before doing that.

By the way:
1) Do Dusk banters change if he becomes evil or good? if yes, do they change towards the player or towards the npc too?
2) How much time did you need to write it?
3) Was the translation done professionally or by "friends"?

Cheers

2 hours ago, Morgoth said:

Really congrats. Could be the final push to reinstall the game. I was waiting for skitia's npc to get out before doing that.

By the way:
1) Do Dusk banters change if he becomes evil or good? if yes, do they change towards the player or towards the npc too?
2) How much time did you need to write it?
3) Was the translation done professionally or by "friends"?

Cheers

Thank you!

1) Yes. The banter change slightly. It also change towards the rest of the NPC. Dusk can forge friendships, and that possibility will vary depending on his alignment. For example, if he is Neutral or Good, he can be friend of Valygar. If he is Evil, he can be friend of Korgan. Upon reaching that point, if Dusk sees one of his friends die, he will activate a hidden ability called Dusk's Fury.

2) A couple of years. It's my first mod.

3) The original language is Spanish. The translation to English was made with the help of friends.

2 hours ago, Endarire said:

This is the official YouTube background story for Dusk Aldant!

PS: For EET compatibility, did you ensure the Fate Spirit worked properly?  I heard this required separate code.

Thankee for upping the ante of professionalism among Infinity Engine mods!  Alleluia!

Yes. There is an exclusive block dedicated to the EET compatibility, including the Fate Spirit script.

I couldn't tested yet because I don't have EET. But the code should work. (I'll try to tested myself downloading the EET mod. If something goes wrong I'll fix it)

Hello !

Thanks for this mod which seems to add quite a bit of content.

It's also very nice to have the first realase in two languages

A minor note, AMTGEN01.tra is still in Spanish.

Edited by JohnBob
7 hours ago, Endarire said:

What is your preferred place to discuss this mod?  I'd rather focus on one board instead of several.

Thankee!

Well, GitHub seems to be a good place since there I have my collaborator and speak to him all day. That way I can plan the fixes to the mod. But also I don't have any problem in respond here either.

1 hour ago, JohnBob said:

Hello !

Thanks for this mod which seems to add quite a bit of content.

It's also very nice to have the first realase in two languages

A minor note, AMTGEN01.tra is still in Spanish.

Wow thank you. That file was one of the final things that I add to the mod in order to test some things in ToB. I'll fix it in the next release.

Version 0.9.2 is here!

What's new?

Bugs Fixed:

• Fixed custom item (De'Arnise Mantle) description for Nalia
  • Fixed several quest dialogs in order to reward player with custom items for Classic NPCs
  • Fixed a bug that prevents the player to properly finish the final quest

Enhancements:

• Recompressed all music files using wavc to save lots of space and to make the mod compatible with BGEET
  • The strings for Dusk’s passive ability (Dusk Fury) are now correctly shown

New Features:

• Added EE Characters dialogs
  • Added a script for Dusk to behave towards Dorn depending on the alignment (True Neutral or Neutral Good)

Version 0.9.3 is here!

What's new?

Bugs Fixed:

• Fixed several typos in some dialogs
  • Cleanup various .dlg files to avoid potential issues with cross-mods
  • Fixed Kalanda summoning
  • Fixed Anthagar and Kalanda encounters in which the player could attack them affecting the final quest
  • Fixed Dusk / Dorn interactions
  • Fixed functionality of Teleportation Orb
  • Fixed a bug when starting a new game in ToB
  • Fixed several variables that affected some Dusk’s dialogs

Enhancements:

• Improved custom items general properties and attributes
  • Resized several portraits for a better picture framing

New Features:

• Added an introductory reaction from Dusk towards Hexxat
  • Added new custom items for EE characters: Neera (Wild Magic Potion), Rasaad (White Light Potion), Dorn (Night Knives Gloves), Hexxat (Ruby Liquid Potion), Wilson (Winter flowers and fruits)
Guest shaneselva

Hi there, will this npc mod work with wizard slayer rebalancing kit? Will dusk be able to equip any gear with magic stats and get abilities & hla from modded kit?

2 hours ago, Guest shaneselva said:

Hi there, will this npc mod work with wizard slayer rebalancing kit? Will dusk be able to equip any gear with magic stats and get abilities & hla from modded kit?

Hi! Yes, it should be compatible with that mod since I didn't modified the kit itself. 

Version 0.9.4

What's new?

Bugs Fixed:

• Fixed a bug in final battle: Tree of Life

• Fixed a banther between Imoen, Minsc and Dusk

• Fixed some issues with Valygar and Haer’Dalis new custom items

• Fixed several issues with NPCs vanilla items

• Fixed a wrong Journal Entry in the final mission

• Fixed a bug in which Demoli could trigger the final mission twice

• Fixed a bug in Wilson’s innate abilities from Bellfame: now it’s not necessary that Dusk is in the party

Enhancements:

• Rex, Royal Avenger, Lux Triumphans and Ira Tenax items received custom icons and custom animation when wielded

• Larloch fang can be also forged with Korgan’s Axe +1

• Dialogs for all the summonings from Bellfame (including herself) with:

• Bellfame with: Dusk, Cernd, Anomen, Haer-Dalis, Wilson

• Baba, the Nervous Mouse with Minsc, Yoshimo, Mazzy

• Jack, the Winter Wolf with Dusk, Edwin, Keldorn, Valygar

• Sayang, the Worg Wolf with Rasaad, Dorn, Jaheira, Nalia

• Thiago, the Brown Bear with Neera, Jan, Viconia, Wilson, Dusk

• Uma, the Shadow Wolf with Hexxat, Imoen, Aerie

New Features:

• When Bellfame and Wilson are in the same area, there is a chance that if they speak each other he will obtain: Sacred Power of the Bear, Hardened Bear and Bear's Bravery innate abilities

PD: Thanks to those who reported the bugs (Bertle, Kate, Wolfstar, gnomejodas, John, Bell), I wouldn't have been able to fix them without your help. Thanks to Lava and jastey for the advice on file management.

With this, the major bugs should be fixed (at least I hope so). The next update will include the translation of the mod into Italian (thanks, Andrea) and possibly to version 1.0