NPC Mod: Dusk Aldant, The Wizard Slayer

4 hours ago, Morgoth said:

Are you adding this due to requests, or because you felt it was needed? 

At the cost of sounding unpopular, having a BG2 exclusive Npc is not a bad thing to me. And changing a story you've already drafted seems strange to me.

The romance and inclusion of the NPC in BG1 were mainly requested; the other points were planned from the beginning. In broad strokes, the character's vision is already complete, and, honestly, all of his outcomes (he has 7 alternative endings) feel accomplished (at least in my opinion).

On 11/8/2023 at 4:03 PM, Morgoth said:

Hello,
are you still working on Dusk?

Hi! After a while, I'm working on the mod again. Trying to do some stuff to work well with other mods. In a couple of weeks (maybe days) we're going to release the v1.5 presenting a new area for Mathyus and Michelson (that way we're going to avoid the bug for the Tactic mods)

On 11/29/2023 at 9:10 PM, Pol_Rupes said:

Hi! After a while, I'm working on the mod again. Trying to do some stuff to work well with other mods. In a couple of weeks (maybe days) we're going to release the v1.5 presenting a new area for Mathyus and Michelson (that way we're going to avoid the bug for the Tactic mods)

Welcome back.

Guest Chicken7023

Hello ! Are you still working on the Tob part of the mod ? You said earlier you intended to write a romance and a quest. I wanted to try the mod, but if a new version is coming soon i'd rather wait. Thanks !

3 hours ago, Guest Chicken7023 said:

Hello ! Are you still working on the Tob part of the mod ? You said earlier you intended to write a romance and a quest. I wanted to try the mod, but if a new version is coming soon i'd rather wait. Thanks !

Hi! Yes, we're working in a really big update, but with no romance or ToB works on it yet. The update should be ready in a couple of months (we're working in new bam animations for some creatures and shaping new areas too).

Soon will be updates about it.

My friend, don't you feel that you are somehow lowkey taking spotlight from the charname? I think thats the important thing to address. Big shout for creative people - you are great, but at the same please take it easy with the strokes of your brush! ;)

1 hour ago, ManaMusic said:

My friend, don't you feel that you are somehow lowkey taking spotlight from the charname? I think thats the important thing to address. Big shout for creative people - you are great, but at the same please take it easy with the strokes of your brush! ;)

I tried to be very careful in that regard. All the important decisions have to rely on Charname since Dusk really trusts him/her. Also, an NPC story is about that NPC and has nothing to do with the Bhaalspawn, just like, for example, Nalia's quest or Anomen becoming a knight. In the final mission, the Order of Mages involves Charname directly due to heritage, so I hope that the story doesn't take away too much from the PC.

Hope you enjoy the mod.