Bardic Chain Upgrade

Guest BigJ

Guest BigJ

Went to Halbazzar @ Sorcerer's Sundries with Bardic chain and had "Isnt that nice armor, can upgrade with golden pantaloons" conversation. Returned later with Golden Pantaloons and he doesnt seem to notice I have them, the only conversation options are:

1. Not at this time, can I see your wares

2. Not today, farewell

Looked at Global Variables in SK, couldnt see anything that might trigger the next conversation to get the Bardic upgraded. Would like to do this rather than just console in the upgraded armor as this is stopping the Nymphs Hair conversation too.

Help appreciated . .

PS. Great mod, BG1NPC and Tutu help make an old classic great to play again!

Oh, hmm. It worked in the original version but then a few people had problems when Xzar's stuff was integrated (it involves Halbazzer too). I don't remember the solution - Domi might if she sees this. I shall think on it. :thumbsup:

Guest BigJ

Did a couple of tests.

From last save game - (already spoken once to Halbazzer with Bardic Chain & Gold Pants), spoke to Hal holding Nymphs Hair & BC, get the dialog problem in first post. Drop BC on floor, speak to Hal and can complete NH Cloak, but speak to Hal again with BC & GP get same dialog problem in first post.

From earlier save game (before enter BG) - Go straight to Ragefast, get NH. Goto Hal, drop BC on floor, speak to Hal and complete NH Cloak. Pickup BC and speak to Hal CAN COMPLETE BC upgrade. If I speak to Hal with BC before completing NH cloak, get the dialog problem and cannot complete BC upgrade.

I gonna continue my game and console in the BC, but will keep the save games if you want me to try anything.

BigJ

What Andy's saying is that the nymph's cloak shouldn't affect Halbezzar's dialog; the armor upgrade always worked with that. A question on the golden pantaloons though. Did you CLUA them in? If you did, did you CLUA in item "Misc47" (the BG2 version of the pantaloons) or "_Misc47", the tutu version of the same item which is the one that dialog is looking for?

Guest Guest

Fount the problem. The guy at the Friendly Arm in had given me "MISC47". Just to be sure, loaded old save gave and went to Friendly Arm Inn, got the Pantaloons and saved it. Checked in SK, the guy had given me "MISC47".

Went to my latest save game, consoled in "_MISC47" and Hal upgraded the armor for me.

The point I was making about Nymphs Hair was you couldnt do it whilst holding just the Bardic Chain, you either complete the Bardic Chain or drop it on the floor to then get the Nymphs Hair Dialog (At the time thinking it might have been a dialog issue).

But problem solved and thanks for your help.

BigJ

PS. Garrick's feeling a little safer now, except when Shar-Teel's talking to him :thumbsup:

Archived