Change Language midgame

Guest Nippes

Guest Nippes

Yeah i thought so because nothing worked copying around language files. I already reinstalled with the backup i had. If i want the newest german translation should i use the one that is linked here in the last post "ScS Translations" because the installation shows an older version?

Guest Nippes

Ok seems the problem i had, wasn't fixed by it despite making everything fresh including newly started game. Certain items show up as invalid in the german version but are fine in english. It's all the items called "excellent". I think it has to do with the mod that changed all the +1 weapons to better normal ones.
Just writing this down so others have the information.

That would be the "fine weapons" component. The German fine_weapons.tra in 34.3 has strings 401 through 434. The new version in the pinned thread has 401 through 438, as does the English version. So if you properly updated and overwrote that file, it should be good...

Guest Nippes

How would you update it with a new language version?

What i did was first was installing stratagems, then before installing the modules i overwrote the german folder in "stratagems\lang" with the new version, then i installed the mod modules picking german. It gave me some "string/spell error" when i tried to start the game though.

I now installed it with the old version and without the weapon mod, at least the invalid items are gone.

1 hour ago, Guest Nippes said:

What i did was first was installing stratagems, then before installing the modules i

Despite what you think, this actually doesn't say anything what you did .. aka I am just asking ?????????
What you should have done is EXTRACT the mod to a separate folder, then replace the files in the Lang folder, making sure that there's no duplicates aka the extraction replaces the files and not make a new folders inside.... then move the whole composition to the games folder and run the setup-SCS.exe and install the mod as a whole, not separate parts ... and one final thing, you need to start a new game/campaign, as the old saved files will use wrong and incompatible dialog.tlk file saved into the savegame file(s).

I thought that's what i described and basically did. It asks for the gamefolder though when you extract the files. I don't think it makes a difference.

Anyway, i tried it one more time and exactly as suggested with the same result. This time i completely deleted the old german lang folder instead of overwriting it, it still gives me this error when starting the game. 

[string "L_de_DE.lua"]:627:'}' expected (to close '}' at line 1) near 'Steinhaut'

Edited by Nippes