Pocket Plane ability not working and disappearing after reload

Lurker

Hi. I'm on EET, recently started the ToB part.

I got the Pocket Plane ability (PPA for short) after the first challenge, and later (after several reloads) noticed that the PPA was missing. After killing Gromnir, Melissan didn't appear, so I consoled her in - her dialogue was normal, then.

If I use

C:Eval('ActionOverride(Player1,AddSpecialAbility("SPIN649"))')

to re-add the PPA, activating it only shows the animation, but does nothing. So I use the console to teleport to AR4500, where I then can exit to the area outside of Saradush just as usual.

Since the workarounds are working so far, not totally game breaking, but I'd like to understand what's going on. Web and forum search were inconclusive, but helped to gather my party and venture forth. So far.

(EDIT: WeiDU.log removed due to space constraints. Version of "Transitions" I had installed: v2.4)

/* (tl;dr) part starts here */

Some more information on this particular game and setup; don't know if relevant.

I continued the same save on slightly different mod setups (please only start throwing stones at me after ensuring that there are no women here today), mostly to change tweaks. Things like mismatching strings on objects in already explored areas or items are expected and no biggie. The Jaheira romance needed some consoling to progress at various stages, also the De'Arnise keep stronghold. Usually, I just had to manually spawn a missing NPCs, like with Melissan.

I also used EEKeeper to fiddle with NPCs and changed classes and kits from time to time (poor Valygar had several identity crises).

The biggest content change I'd say was the removal of Wheels of Prophecy (buggy with Ascension), but that happened before I started the ToB part of the game.

The mod setup is stable since beating Irenicus. I then did the TotLM section (no gameplay bugs), the Watcher's Keep, then transitioned to ToB.

Since I can't pin down the PPA issue, I'm starting this topic in the General Mod Discussion. Please move this topic to anywhere more appropriate, if necessary.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT/ADD - EET related:

I didn't care for Rasaad in the BG2 part, and didn't have him join my party and therefore also didn't do his quest in BG2. Is it intentional that the fate spirit treats him like dead?

EDIT2:

I chose the dialogue option after reviving Sarevok with a fraction of my PCs soul that causes him to leave permanently.

Edited by Lurker
removed WeiDU.log to save space; added "Transitions" version information instead
31 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I didn't care for Rasaad in the BG2 part, and didn't have him join my party and therefore also didn't do his quest in BG2. Is it intentional that the fate spirit treats him like dead?

Yes.

I can't say anything about EDIT2. I've read the pocket plane bug, but most reports imply that might be Transitions.

19 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

I can't say anything about EDIT2. I've read the pocket plane bug, but most reports imply that might be Transitions.

To clarify, I only added EDIT2 as information. The choice was intentional. Reasoning was, perhaps having chosen a less popular option might have had unexpected side effects. Which might also include playing ToB in general. 🙂

Do you have any pointers regarding Transitions and the PPA bug?

Thanks. I was already aware of that topic (apart from the currently not accessible SHS link). Maybe this is a misunderstanding?

When you mentioned "Transitions", I was thinking you meant the so named mod? But that's not mentioned in the topic you linked; Draax is just referring to the transition from SoA to ToB in EET?

Since the original topic is rather old, I was somewhat sceptical if such a gamebreaking bug in EET wouldn't be widely known or even fixed by now.

Not everyone reaches ToB with EET. I still haven't, I usually end up debugging bugs in my megamod runs before that point and/or restart because I got too many of them fixed.

Yeah, I used carryover to mean that Transitions as mod is missing from the install.

Edited by Graion Dilach

I was able to finish this game. If I remember correctly, it's just the third time that I've completed ToB. :blush:

I had to use the console to emulate the Pocket Plane ability right until just before the final fight, when finally the normal dialog option was working again.

The Jaheira romance went on completely mute (some might consider this an improvement?), but the music kicked in.

I also dropped Imoen at some point, since she desperately tried to initialize dialogue and stuttered when near my PC, which also caused her modal action to turn off.

Guest Could-Not-Register

Just want to say that I ran into the exact same issue in my recent EET. Everything was fine until I reach ToB, then I didn't learn the Pocketplane ability, and even when I gave myself the pocket plane ability with EE Keeper it still didn't work.

Melissan  also didn't appear for me after killing Gromnir just as Lurker said. I was however still able to get around the issues and complete the game.

I briefly tried starting a new game in ToB and importing my character, and that seemed to fix the issues (at least up through Saradush).