Initialize AI installed with warnings

Still trying to troubleshoot why my game keeps crashing with the new modlist I'm trying out. SCS installer reports warnings on Initialize AI, but will install further AI components afterwards without errors or warnings. I thought Infinity Animations was the culprit but tried to install without it and still received the same "Installed with warnings". Here is stratagems debug: https://www.mediafire.com/file/exo75z2nvd50hml/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG/file and I'll also submit my WeiDU.log

WeiDU.log

I think I looked at that one; it's that there was a bug in Holy Smite in older SR versions, SCS stepped in to fix that bug, and then SR fixed it at the source. So now, when installed over up-to-date SR, SCS sees Holy Smite in a fixed state, makes an edit that doesn't change anything, and throws the warning.

It's specifically a bug in old versions of SR, not vanilla. The update which fixed the blindness duration is dated 4 years ago.

ACTION_IF demivrgvs BEGIN

// Holy Smite blindness has the wrong duration

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME "sppr313e.spl" BEGIN
         OUTER_SPRINT file sppr313e
      END ELSE BEGIN
         OUTER_SPRINT file sppr313
      END
      COPY_EXISTING "%file%.spl" override
         LPF ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode=74 duration=6 END
      BUT_ONLY

Vanilla (or, at least, the current EE) Holy Smite uses EFFs to do everything; you'd have to check that the opcode 177 calling BLIND.EFF had the correct duration (it does) if that needed fixing.

Edited by jmerry

Okay, one concern off the list that is. While I'm here, this was the crash message I got last attempt, if anyone knows off hand what goes wrong (crashed during the fight with Illasera as well as the first ToB trial against Irenicus, so I'm assuming something spell related is off).

Also what is the general wisdom regarding Infinity Animations? Certain parts of IWDification relies on it (which implies installing early) but elsewhere I've read suggestions to put it almost last.

Image 282.png

From the readme for that set of tweaks:

Note: most or all of these use EE 2.0 engine features. One or two may work on the pre-EE game (e.g. adding saving throws to level drain attacks), but most will not.

Most of those lines are opcode 321, an EE-only effect most often used to prevent effects from stacking with themselves. If you're installing these on a non-EE game, no wonder you're having trouble.

Recommended fix for the mod: prevent the affected components from installing on non-EE games. Or if it's too much trouble figuring out which components need the EE, just put that restriction in the ALWAYS block.