Romance pack not working properly: Casavir romance works, Bishop's doesn't

Guest Chivega

Guest Chivega

Hello! I know I'm propably not gonna get answers as this forum is sooooo old, but I'm desperate πŸ˜…

I originally installed the mod in the wrong override folder (my documents override), but it was working... for Casavir anyway when playing as a female pc. For Bishop I only got that one extended dialogue scene when rescuing Shandra from the githyanki, but nothing else. No flirts, no extended Marcus convo, nothing. I got to Act II before realizing that something was wrong. Then I went to this forum and realized my mistake in installation and corrected it (installed the pack in the override folder in the Game files) and deleted it from the my documents override folder. Still nothing: Casavir's romance works, Bishop's doesn't. I even tested with my older saves before I even got him in my party - I went to Ember, didn't get the Marcus convo, so I think it still isn't working properly.

I only had a couple of other mods, only cosmetic ones and the client extension. I have the GOG version of this game, if that matters, and I have Win11.

I need to know: do I have to start a new game? I reeeeeally don't want to start from the beginning, play another 40 hours and then realize it still isn't working πŸ˜…

Unfortunately, with Domi and berelinde gone I fear there is noone left who knows their way around in NWN2 modding. I at least don't and can't help here. 😒

EDIT: Are there any NWN2 modding places left where people would know a little better how to debug a mod (or the game), maybe?

Guest Chivega

Thanks for answering! Yeah, I don't know if there is any other place I can ask about this... Β Everything related to NWN2 seems pretty dead.Β 

I've now tried almost everything I can think of - reinstalling the mod so many times, even from different sites, downloaded DirectX 9c, tried running it as admin, checked globals (there's nothing indicating that even Casavir romance is working properly) and loads of other stuff. I've even studied every single post in this forum to get some kind of clue how to solve this, but nothing πŸ˜…

Anyways, if I get it to work, I'll post it here, so ithis post can help someone who have the same problem 😊

6 hours ago, jastey said:

Unfortunately, with Domi and berelinde gone I fear there is noone left who knows their way around in NWN2 modding. I at least don't and can't help here. 😒

EDIT: Are there any NWN2 modding places left where people would know a little better how to debug a mod (or the game), maybe?

Not completely sure, but probably NWVault's section is still active.Β https://neverwintervault.org/catalog/nwn2

Edited by Frenzgyn
Guest Chivega

I've fixed it! It was those damn dublicate files from NWN2 Fixes patch, that I didn't even realized I had πŸ˜… I deleted the files from the patch and now the romance pack works as it should - for now at least πŸ˜‚