Invalid numbers!?...

19 hours ago, jmerry said:

Another possibility here ... which files did you copy, exactly? Because dialog.tlk doesn't live in the override, and you could easily have missed it...

This is my guess - just didn’t copy over the modded .tlk file. Or maybe the Steam Deck expects it to be in a different location. 

Edited by subtledoctor
On 11/24/2023 at 6:56 AM, Jarno Mikkola said:

Likely fix is, remove the game from the Steam Deck, then either:

1. verify the file intergrity via Steam, or... on your PC copy of the game.
2. uninstall the game on your primary computer, then remove the game folder ... then reinstall the game, then install the Siege of the Dragonspear add-on, or just install the game with it on already. .. on your PC copy of the game.

Then start the game, and set the language you want to play it with. Then exit the game.
Then the crucial step you didn't do before, install the DLC Merger mod( specifically download and extract the  win-64bit-A7-DlcMerger-v1.5.zip -file, and run the setup-DlcMerger.exe file and install it), this is to allow you to modify the game as a whole, and so you will no longer get the invalidf strings notices. 
Then install all the other mods you had before. Then move the game to the Steam Deck ...

Also, you need to extract the mod files into the primary game folder, not the override folder... and then run the setup-modname.exe files.. in case it wasn't clear.

I did as you sed and I still get the error messenges 

SUCSESS IT WORKS!

1. Install and mod baldur's Gate EE as you whant it on you PC.

2. Install Baldur's Gate EE on your steam deck, you need to force steam to install the Windows version via the compatibility sections.

3. Copy over the game to your steam deck, I use Warpinator.

4. Delete the contents of your baldur's gate ee folder on your steam deck and past in the copy from your PC.

Done! 

I want to thank everyone who pitched in and helped. 

Edited by Karrgoot