Invalid numbers!?...

How do a fix this?

I modded baldur's gate ee on my computer and then using warpinator moved it to my steam deck and just pasted it over my installation.

Yes, I forced my steam deck to install the windows version.

Yes, I made sure that all my mods were i installed in english.

The game starta no problems it is just that I get invalid numbers all over the plase.

How do I FIX this please

2ws0k65nc1hs.jpg

bralf4yemacj.jpg

5fc3t6198dpu.jpg

z4dj1opqdvqc.jpg

kk0towz5z6w0.jpg

This usually happens if:

1. you installed the mod to a different game language than you are playing the game in

2. you are using a modded savegame on an unmodded game (or a game that was wiped by an update etc.)

3. you modded BG:SoD from GOG or Steam and did not install DLCMerger first.

48 minutes ago, jastey said:

This usually happens if:

1. you installed the mod to a different game language than you are playing the game in

2. you are using a modded savegame on an unmodded game (or a game that was wiped by an update etc.)

1. I foced steam on my steam deck vis the compatibility optons to install the Windows version of baldur's gate ee on my steam deck.

2. I loaded i modded saved game on a modded game. I even tryied to start a new game to and it presists.

I don't understand your reply. Which platform are you playing the game on? Is this the game you installed the mods to?

Do you play the game in the language the mods are installed in? You can see the language abbreviation in the weidu.conf file if you open it with an editor.

All of the game text is stored in a file (dialog.tlk) that's basically just a master list of strings. Each string has a number, and game resources use those numbers to reference that file. The "Invalid: XXXX" message is specifically what you see if a resource uses a number that doesn't match a string.

Checking ... the strings in unmodified BGEE with SoD (version 2.6) go up to 71403. Anything beyond that is a mod-added string. (25000 of them? That's a lot of mod stuff.) And based on this, I don't think it's the unmerged DLC issue; that would have defined strings starting at about 35K where non-SoD BGEE ends. You'd be seeing bits of SoD text out of context instead of the "Invalid: XXXX" error messages.

Another possibility here ... which files did you copy, exactly? Because dialog.tlk doesn't live in the override, and you could easily have missed it...

6 hours ago, jastey said:

I don't understand your reply. Which platform are you playing the game on?

On Steam via my steam deck, if this answer your question. 

6 hours ago, jastey said:

Do you play the game in the language the mods are installed in? You can see the language abbreviation in the weidu.conf file if you open it with an editor.

I checked it and i says lang_dir = en_us

6 hours ago, jmerry said:

All of the game text is stored in a file (dialog.tlk) that's basically just a master list of strings. Each string has a number, and game resources use those numbers to reference that file. The "Invalid: XXXX" message is specifically what you see if a resource uses a number that doesn't match a string.

Checking ... the strings in unmodified BGEE with SoD (version 2.6) go up to 71403. Anything beyond that is a mod-added string. (25000 of them? That's a lot of mod stuff.) And based on this, I don't think it's the unmerged DLC issue; that would have defined strings starting at about 35K where non-SoD BGEE ends. You'd be seeing bits of SoD text out of context instead of the "Invalid: XXXX" error messages.

Another possibility here ... which files did you copy, exactly? Because dialog.tlk doesn't live in the override, and you could easily have missed it...

What i did was this. Now i can't mod Baldur's gate ee on my steam deck because of the SteamOSin steam deck runs arch linux and not windows. Linux and the UNIX system are case sensitive; Windows is not case sensitive. The WeiDU executable files will not run do to this. You need to make a directory that is case sensitive like windows, i have tried this and i to not understand what it it is i need to do to make it work, it is too much and beyond me.

But iI found this post WEIDU Mods on Steam Deck — Beamdog Forums so i tryed it. it works but i get this errors. I modded baldur's gate ee on my laptop just as i always do and i get no errors whatsoever and i no shape or form i can direkt. I used the program Warpinator to copy the Baldur's Gate EE folder in its entirely via Warpinator to my steam deck and pasted its content in its entirety into the baldur's gate folder on my steam deck. 

Incase anyone wonder this are the mods i use en in the order i install them.

1. win-64bit-A7-DlcMerger-v1.3

2. Olvyn Tweaks-33-1-4-1670774535

3. Baldurans's Seatower veaob.7

4. Baldur's Gate minor quests and encounters v25.6

5. BG1 NCP Project v30

6. BG1 Unfinshed Business v16.4

7. iwdification-v5

8. Rogue Rebalancing 4.92

9. the tweaks anthology v16

10. freeact-v2

11. stratagems-34-3

12. atweaks-v453

13. EEex-v0.9.13-alfa

14. bobba-spell-meny-extended-4.5.2

And this i put in the override folder.

Realistic portraits for all companions and NPCs in BGEE, including Siege of Dragonspear DLC Realistic NPC Portraits for BGEE at Baldur's Gate Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Original Poison Weapon ability for BG1:EE and BG2:EE Original Poison Weapon ability for BG1:EE and BG2:EE — Beamdog Forums

And i forced my steam deck to install the version of baldur's gate ee for windows and NOT the linux version via compatibility section.

Edited by Karrgoot
Extra clarification.

Not necessarily. After all, DLCMerger creates a copy for its backups. That's probably where the seventeenth instance is.

No, the issue is what's in those files. It kind of looks like what you have there is basically the unmodded game's text ... applied to a game with mods that expect a bunch more text.

2 minutes ago, jmerry said:

Not necessarily. After all, DLCMerger creates a copy for its backups. That's probably where the seventeenth instance is.

No, the issue is what's in those files. It kind of looks like what you have there is basically the unmodded game's text ... applied to a game with mods that expect a bunch more text.

Do you have eny idee how to fix thise invalid number error

2 hours ago, Karrgoot said:

Do you have eny idee how to fix thise invalid number error

Likely fix is, remove the game from the Steam Deck, then either:

1. verify the file intergrity via Steam, or... on your PC copy of the game.
2. uninstall the game on your primary computer, then remove the game folder ... then reinstall the game, then install the Siege of the Dragonspear add-on, or just install the game with it on already. .. on your PC copy of the game.

Then start the game, and set the language you want to play it with. Then exit the game.
Then the crucial step you didn't do before, install the DLC Merger mod( specifically download and extract the  win-64bit-A7-DlcMerger-v1.5.zip -file, and run the setup-DlcMerger.exe file and install it), this is to allow you to modify the game as a whole, and so you will no longer get the invalidf strings notices. 
Then install all the other mods you had before. Then move the game to the Steam Deck ...

Also, you need to extract the mod files into the primary game folder, not the override folder... and then run the setup-modname.exe files.. in case it wasn't clear.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
1 hour ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Likely fix is, remove the game from the Steam Deck, then either:

1. verify the file intergrity via Steam, or... on your PC copy of the game.
2. uninstall the game on your primary computer, then remove the game folder ... then reinstall the game, then install the Siege of the Dragonspear add-on, or just install the game with it on already. .. on your PC copy of the game.

Then start the game, and set the language you want to play it with. Then exit the game.
Then the crucial step you didn't do before, install the DLC Merger mod( specifically download and extract the  win-64bit-A7-DlcMerger-v1.5.zip -file, and run the setup-DlcMerger.exe file and install it), this is to allow you to modify the game as a whole, and so you will no longer get the invalidf strings notices. 
Then install all the other mods you had before. Then move the game to the Steam Deck ...

Also, you need to extract the mod files into the primary game folder, not the override folder... and then run the setup-modname.exe files.. in case it wasn't clear.

I will try and se what happens.