spell revision's effect on items' cast-on-use abilities, how lvl 1 npc changes NPC's special weapons if the NPC's default weapon proficiency is altered

Does spell revision revised change the effects of wands or weapons that would cast spells upon usage?e.g. Will the lightning bolts shot from wands of lightning and storm star be kept with the same behaviour as before if spell revision is installed (without any other mods fiddle with item effects)? i really like bouncing lightning bolts in the vanilla. it works well with resistance type of spells and tanks like haer.

nothing regarding that mentioned here

also is spell revision revised compatible with icewind dale spells added by SCS?

PS: does SCS party AI scripts component work for both spell revision spells and icewind dale spells added by scs?

i assume scs icewind spells would work as it is packaged in the same mod? has anyone tested with the newest spell revision?

Edited by jacklhoward
On 12/7/2023 at 2:08 AM, jacklhoward said:

also is spell revision revised compatible with icewind dale spells added by SCS?

If SR is, so should be SRR. But I haven't personally tested SCS's/IWDification's IWD spells with SR or SRR, so I'm kind of relying on the word of others that they apparently at least mostly work. And for that reason, I can't answer the rest of your IWD spells-related questions.

On 12/7/2023 at 2:08 AM, jacklhoward said:

Does spell revision revised change the effects of wands or weapons that would cast spells upon usage?e.g. Will the lightning bolts shot from wands of lightning and storm star be kept with the same behaviour as before if spell revision is installed (without any other mods fiddle with item effects)? i really like bouncing lightning bolts in the vanilla. it works well with resistance type of spells and tanks like haer.

Even worse (for you, that is): Item Revisions (as well as IRR, since I didn't change this) makes Wand of Lightning the no-bounce type of lightning bolt regardless of whether you have SR/R installed or not. To be honest, I think the original lightning bolt is a hilarious part of the game, so I'm kind of tempted to make an optional .ini tweak that allows it to be changed back.

Edited by Bartimaeus
3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Even worse (for you, that is): Item Revisions (as well as IRR, since I didn't change this) makes Wand of Lightning the no-bounce type of lightning bolt regardless of whether you have SR/R installed or not. To be honest, I think the original lightning bolt is a hilarious part of the game, so I'm kind of tempted to make an optional .ini tweak that allows it to be changed back.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I never looked at the wands. For some reason I assumed they just referenced the appropriate wizard spell. I've already edited out the lightning bolt from SRR so I can have the original...Now it looks like I'll need to adjust IRR's wands also.

The .ini option for OG lightning bolt would be greatly appreciated. 

@WanderingScholar

Hi.

Could you plz teach me how to change lightning bolts back to its original form?

Do you need Near Infinity to change it?

And if you only have SRR, and do not have IRR installed, do you get bouncy lightning bolts for wands and stormstar? if so I would just keep the spell versions as they are from SRR, but use items in later game.

Edited by jacklhoward
On 12/10/2023 at 4:13 AM, jacklhoward said:

Hi.

Could you plz teach me how to change lightning bolts back to its original form?

So I do this by editing "\spell_rev\components\main_component.tpa" before install. I use notepad ++

We comment out all the instances of lightning bolt with /* and */

So that would be:

/*COPY_EXISTING ~newbolt1.pro~ ~override~  // Lightning Bolt's "new" projectile
  WRITE_SHORT 0x0a 30    // 30 speed
  BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES*/

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

/* ---------------- Priest of Talos Abilities ---------------- */

COPY ~spell_rev\shared\spcl721.spl~      ~override~  // Storm Shield
  SAY NAME1 @1109    SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @1110
/*COPY ~spell_rev\shared\spcl722.spl~      ~override~  // Lightning Bolt
  SAY NAME1 @515    SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @516*/

/* ---------------- Avenger Abilities ---------------- */

COPY ~spell_rev\shared\spdr101.spl~      ~override~  // Chromatic Orb
  SAY NAME1 @433000    SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @434000
ACTION_IF slowing_web=1 BEGIN
COPY ~spell_rev\spalt\spdr201.spl~      ~override~  // Web
  SAY NAME1 @477    SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @478000
END ELSE BEGIN
COPY ~spell_rev\shared\spdr201.spl~      ~override~  // Web
  SAY NAME1 @477    SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @478
END
COPY ~spell_rev\shared\spdr201i.eff~     ~override~
/*COPY ~spell_rev\shared\spdr301.spl~      ~override~  // Lightning Bolt
  SAY NAME1 @515    SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @516*/

/*COPY ~spell_rev\spwi3##\spwi308.spl~     ~override~  // Lightning Bolt
  SAY NAME1 @515    SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @516
COPY ~spell_rev\spwi3##\scrl1k.itm~      ~override~
  SAY NAME2 @515    SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC   @516*/

On 12/10/2023 at 4:13 AM, jacklhoward said:

And if you only have SRR, and do not have IRR installed, do you get bouncy lightning bolts for wands and stormstar? if so I would just keep the spell versions as they are from SRR, but use items in later game.

I assume if you exclude IRR and your lightning bolts should be bouncy for items. 

On 12/12/2023 at 9:15 AM, Bartimaeus said:

Latest repository/master version of SRR now has a settings.ini switch called "original_lightning_bolt" that you can set to 1 to restore the original lightning bolt animation, which also affects IRR's Wand of Lightning (if it exists).

hi. just remebered this.

if i were to install SRR through project infinity and wanted to get the original lightning bolt. do it simply set the original_lightning_bolt"=1 in the mod resource folder (extracted mod zips used to install)? 

or should i install the mod and change the ini within the game directory? i am not exactly sure how project infinity works. does it not touch game directory at all like mo2 for skyrim?