BG:EE NPC Mods: Preferred Pacing for Timed Talks

I've been looking through a variety of different NPC mods for BG:EE and I've seen conversation timers anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, or using different lengths of in-game time. 

Is there a consensus on what objectively seems to be the best way to pace them throughout the game is? Or at least is there a preferred way you like them to be timed? I guess the number of talks would play a big factor in this. With that in mind, what amount of talks do you think is too many, or too little?

I have no experience using NPC mods myself, but I do plan on trying some out to get my own thoughts and feel for them. I'm actually putting together a run right now using only modded npcs. In the meantime though, I'm interested in hearing views and opinions from players who are more familiar with them, and what your preferences/thoughts are.

I find I like when a NPC fires talks after particular events, or even a hybrid of both that and the common timed talks. Sirene for example (and I think Isra as well), have talks that pop up when a chapter ends (say kill Mulahey, chapter intro text comes up, then she talks about it). This ensures the talk isn't kept in the fridge until a weird moment like up to your elbows in bandit spleens, instead firing when the author thinks they make sense, and with the way they seem to be set you can recruit them at a later point and still have the talks come up in order, ensuring you're not loosing them for whatever reason. And you can still have timed talks.

16 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

When they have components asking how quickly to fire interjections, I always say “no thanks” and leave it at the default value. I tend to play slow, and I often pause the game and step away… but those timers are real-time IIRC, not in-game. So they seem to happen very quickly for me. 

On a less gameplay matter, when they ask about that it's nice when it's an optional component and not in the middle of installing the main one. Assuming the different banter accelerators won't work with your NPC banters, the fewer stops in a medium-big installation the smoother.