My character is cursed in Siege of Dragonspear...

The "Remove Curse" effect does two things. It unequips items with the "cursed" flag, and it removes spells/effects applied with the "curse" opcode.

The "Cursed" portrait icon is not either of those things, directly. Cursed items usually apply a "cursed" portrait icon as an equip effect, and curse spells usually have that portrait icon among their effects, but there's no intrinsic link. You can have an effect that "Remove Curse" will clear that doesn't have the portrait icon, and you can have something that applies the portrait icon but isn't affected by "Remove Curse".

So, what effect exactly happened to you?

It's not a curse by Items.

I've been fighting salamander now in the bridge in Siege of Dragonspear, and Minsc got cursed. It's unclear to me what the curse is doing. Checking the sheet it doesn't seem like he lost health.

Jmerry, I will have to take a closer look if it happens again. I'm not having the issue currently and the "cursed" status seems to wear off If I sleep.

No, StummvonBordwehr, it's not that one.

Another question: Sword of ruin +2 is not damaging the displacer beast lord. Is that supposed to happen?

edit: I just got cursed while fighting the beast lord. And I realized the reason - the curse is the effect of Durlag's goblet that lasts 12 hours. Jmerry, you are helping me on every topic I have to thank you for that. The only thing I wasn't able to solve with you is me having to install that tweak to have bard song have a bigger range than vanilla.

Edited by Morgoth
21 minutes ago, Morgoth said:

Another question: Sword of ruin +2 is not damaging the displacer beast lord. Is that supposed to happen?

No, the creature doesn't appear to be immune to any weapon enchantments. However, a Mirror Image effect is triggered whenever it is attacked. Maybe you're just unlucky and always hit the image.

1 hour ago, Morgoth said:

edit: I just got cursed while fighting the beast lord. And I realized the reason - the curse is the effect of Durlag's goblet that lasts 12 hours. 

Ah, that makes sense. That effect uses the "curse" icon, but it isn't a curse in terms of mechanics. Also, it does nothing if you have any form of fear immunity active when you drink - you get the icon for twelve hours, but no other lingering effects.

1 minute ago, jmerry said:

Ah, that makes sense. That effect uses the "curse" icon, but it isn't a curse in terms of mechanics. Also, it does nothing if you have any form of fear immunity active when you drink - you get the icon for twelve hours, but no other lingering effects.

Yes, I'm using Kiel's helm in fact. And I use the "exploit" of selling the goblet while it's near empty to refill it to 15 charges.

It's sweet to not have to use 9 hp potions or the clerics non stop.

1) Do you guys know if there is a way in siege of dragonspear to force full spawn, coupled with full AI from the mobs? Because it's very cool when they use the potions of explosions on you and I kinda like the "low-mid" level fighting ..

2) I'm wearing Ring of free action +2 from this mod: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/75981/thalantyr-item-upgrade-bg-ee-eet (It's a merge of Ring of protection +2 and ring of free action). I'm wondering - how is it possible that shambling mound can entangle me? 

Edited by Morgoth

SoD ties a lot of things to difficulty level. There are scripts for "despawn this creature below difficulty X", so lots of encounters are only at full size if you're playing at Insane difficulty. Some other creatures apply difficulty modifiers in other ways; the Shadow Aspect, for example, uses Mislead at Insane, Improved Invisibility at Core or Hard, and Invisibility at Easy or Normal. Basically, if you want the full strength version of everything, you play at Insane difficulty.

SoD has its own combat scripts, which are a lot more complex than those in the rest of the series. But by the same token, I'm not aware of any mods that "improve" them; SCS leaves them alone.

As for that free action ring and the shambling mounds, that effect does things in a tricky way. Just like the priest spell, it applies the Entangle cosmetic effects, multiplies movement speed by 0, and penalizes AC by 2. Now, a standard free action package includes immunity to movement speed modifiers and the entangle overlay, so it should still protect you ... and I checked the item in question. You should be getting that immunity. I don't know what went wrong, unless something else edited the item afterward.

On 1/11/2024 at 8:05 PM, Trouveur80 said:

There is a component for this in MiH EQ from Angel. 

Thanks, I checked.

On 1/11/2024 at 8:27 PM, jmerry said:

SoD ties a lot of things to difficulty level. There are scripts for "despawn this creature below difficulty X", so lots of encounters are only at full size if you're playing at Insane difficulty. Some other creatures apply difficulty modifiers in other ways; the Shadow Aspect, for example, uses Mislead at Insane, Improved Invisibility at Core or Hard, and Invisibility at Easy or Normal. Basically, if you want the full strength version of everything, you play at Insane difficulty.

SoD has its own combat scripts, which are a lot more complex than those in the rest of the series. But by the same token, I'm not aware of any mods that "improve" them; SCS leaves them alone.

As for that free action ring and the shambling mounds, that effect does things in a tricky way. Just like the priest spell, it applies the Entangle cosmetic effects, multiplies movement speed by 0, and penalizes AC by 2. Now, a standard free action package includes immunity to movement speed modifiers and the entangle overlay, so it should still protect you ... and I checked the item in question. You should be getting that immunity. I don't know what went wrong, unless something else edited the item afterward.

Thanks for the explanation about Sod spawning. Made in heaven has the following component, if you are interested:

Increase Enemy Group Size
The enemy groups in Siege of Dragonspear scale depending on the current difficulty level, by having some enemies silently self-destruct at certain difficulty levels. This component changes some scripts to enlarge the enemy groups. Current default is to have no enemies remove themselves and thus always have the maximum number of enemies. This can be changed in the ini file.

Jmerry, how would I check what's going wrong with my ring of free action or... well, my game?

Edited by Morgoth