Are they suppose to be given just after the trial ? Or another event will happen to get it later on to get them ?

Giving back the sword gives additional reward ? Is a prerequisite to get them ?

Did everything (I believe), Brage was "saved", got his sword back, but got nothing, wondering if this is normal or could be a bug (I do not have the brage redemption mode installed).

there is no rewards. this is something like improved version of original quest, it was cleary made with original game in mind so no rewards like Hackmaster +17 or Ring of the Pretty Princess +8. well, reward is probebly Brage himself joining your party. ;]

this game is giving you so much expa (which is a well known fact) and so much more if you are using mods that for example when I was playing normally with 6 party (two or three multiclassed) from the start, when I was about to start Sod, my protagonist was level 13 (reminder you start BG2 at level 6/7, literally double the level) and I was not even started werewolf island!!